Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#421 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

Honestly. The old deal

Disney Marvel can use Spidey in the MCU films/Fiege produces Spidey movies for Sony...for a 5% share of the profit, while Sony foots the production bill 100% was fine for the infancy of the "deal".

Now that Spidey is once again a force to be reckoned with in the cinema (finally after a decade or more of Sony mismanagement), Disney wanting to broker a more even deal 50/50 split down the middle on production and profit...makes perfect sense.

I know a lot of people might think this is Disney being greedy, and Sony not balking...but Sony is moronic and Disney has every right to a 50-/50 cut now that Holland's Spider-man is such a success.

They need to work this out and keep the franchises melded. It's the best for everyone involved. Sony thought since VENOM was an unexpected success (and not realizing that was a one-off fluke), that they could be more brash...but they can't.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#422 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

Did Sony buy the rights to Spider-man for perpetuity or is there a time limit?

#423 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostAptorian, on 23 August 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

Did Sony buy the rights to Spider-man for perpetuity or is there a time limit?

It's a usual licensing thing, as long as they make Spider-Man content within a feasible time frame every bunch of years, they keep the license.

Even if it's shitty content...they just need to make content with the IP to hold it.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#424 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:04 PM

It's wholly unsurprising that Disney wants moah moola, and equally unsurprising Sony won't agree to 50/50 of gross with them putting in all the costs of making the movie and getting none/little of the merch dollars.
Even if we're talking massive cash, that kind of split would taste bad in way too many Sony mouths located in Sony heads that really don't give a crap about what the fans want to happen, mostly because in their minds those same fans went and paid to see VENOM.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#425 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:37 PM

View PostAbyss, on 23 August 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

It's wholly unsurprising that Disney wants moah moola, and equally unsurprising Sony won't agree to 50/50 of gross with them putting in all the costs of making the movie and getting none/little of the merch dollars.

From what I understand, the deal was 50/50 on everything, with Disney footing half the production costs now for their 50% of the gross. It's a fair deal. Sony is GREEDY and stupid for thinking that they can do this on their own.

View PostAbyss, on 23 August 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Even if we're talking massive cash, that kind of split would taste bad in way too many Sony mouths located in Sony heads that really don't give a crap about what the fans want to happen, mostly because in their minds those same fans went and paid to see VENOM.

If I'm honest, the fan reaction to this over the last few days (which even prompted Sony to release a statement)...stands WAY more in favour of the MCU than Sony. If Sony walks, the Spider-brand is toast.

Either they realize that, or they don't. But anyone with a modicum of sense sees that Disney/Marvel is holding the best cards here. They have 3 well-lauded spider-man appearances (CW, IW, ENDGAME) and production cred on two standalone movies which involve their characters and universe. Sony has over a decade history of fucking this IP up.

It's cut and dried for me.

Disney/Marvel FTW

#426 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:18 PM

Kit Harrington got cast in MCU.. now if Sony was at the table I would say he got Kraven.

I’m saying due to timing they put him as wolverine.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#427 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:26 PM

There also the moon knight roomer, but I would put Penn Badgley over Kit in that role.

Kit is a classically trained actor .. so I loved this at first , but it’s hard to see him as anyone else but Jon Snow now..

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 23 August 2019 - 11:36 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#428 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

Moonknight got confirmed along with she hulk and ms marvel

Disney +

https://www.google.c...1202703050/amp/

MoonKnight really needs be a R rating though

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 23 August 2019 - 11:56 PM

#429 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:41 AM

You keep dissing Endgame. Which is fine of course, each to their own, but would you care to clarify why you are so disgusted with it?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#430 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 23 August 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Kit is a classically trained actor .. so I loved this at first , but it's hard to see him as anyone else but Jon Snow now..

Agreed, it'll be really hard and I have a feeling that it'll either hurt his career rather substantially, or it'll "just" take a long time for him to get past it.

Lots of good actors have unfortunately suffered this fate.

Also, I agree with Gorefest! BK? Could you at least clarify why you're so upset with Endgame?

This post has been edited by Primateus: 24 August 2019 - 09:26 AM

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#431 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

I just hope Disney isn't burning the candle at both ends, with a flamethrower. Marvel and Kevin Feige have done a great job of making an interconnected movie universe. As the number of movies and TV shows grows, the chances of making a mistake, losing a character (Spidey already maybe?), collapsing from too much backstory or requiring retcons grows. Ill be just as sad if we end up with more punisher type shows which though 'belong' to the MCU were kept separate by a ten foot pole.

#432 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:58 PM

A lot of the announced movies and shows I have kind of a 'meh' reaction to. I'll need to see how they develop and what final product they turn out for me to consider them more.

# # # # # # #

This on the other hand, this has got me lifting my sleepy head off the desk and paying attention to the new sexy substitute teacher. They could go 'off the rails, wack-a-doodle' with this and that gets me excited! Some of the What If? comics were bat shit cray-cray; in an oh so satisfying way.Posted Image
Posted Image

#433 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:40 AM

Kit Harrington is black Knight.

#434 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:16 AM

They can use his old Night's Watch uniform.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#435 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

I still am quite a way behind in picking off the movies one by one to get current. I'm not even close to getting to the main Thanos movies. I think the last movie I watched was Captain America Civil War.

I've just watched this though and I think this satisfies me enough. I think I'm gonna call it a day on the rest (I gave it the ol' college try) and move on to some new obsession.

#436 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

SPIDER-MAN BACK IN THE MUTHAFUCKING MCU (where he goddamn belongs!)!

Attached File  Spidey.png (123.27K)
Number of downloads: 0

Sidebar: I always KNEW this was a negotiation thing. That Disney played hardballl and Sony walked, but would be back. And here we are.

Either way, this is fucking phenomenal news!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 September 2019 - 03:19 PM

#437 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:02 PM

Found some actual footage of the negotiation. Warning: it's rough.
Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#438 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:12 AM

Oh neat, the microtransactions model has come to the MCU. Pay-to-play <> get screwed to view Posted Image

Kevin Feige Confirms You'll Need To Watch Disney Plus Marvel Shows To Keep Up With The Movie MCU

Marvel chief creative officer Kevin Feige has made it clear that if you want to keep up with the ongoing slate of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, you will indeed need to be watching the Disney+ shows on the side as well:

"If you want to understand everything in future Marvel movies, he says, you'll probably need a Disney+ subscription, because events from the new shows will factor into forthcoming films such as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The Scarlet Witch will be a key character in that movie, and Feige points out that the Loki series will tie in, too. "I'm not sure we've actually acknowledged that before."

Posted Image

#439 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 November 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

Oh neat, the microtransactions model has come to the MCU. Pay-to-play <> get screwed to view Posted Image

Well, in the words of a different Disney flick,

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates' life for me.....
meh. Link was dead :(

#440 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:44 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 19 November 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 November 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

Well, in the words of a different Disney flick,

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates' life for me.....

It's not piracy, it's a surprise discount!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users