Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Did Lady Envy let Toc go?

#1 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

Did lady envy let toc go with anasters group of her own free will or could she not stop it. It seems like at the time it was a mass of people and she could do nothing to stop him. Then later you hear that her magic has basically allowed noone to escape while they battle their way down to visit with the Seer. So if she can basically use her magic to take down the hardest warriors seer puts in front of her, she couldnt have used the same magic to stop the unweaponed forces that annaster led when we first saw him.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

She didn't have him under her control and any sorcery she would have used likely would have killed him or given the Pannions an opening to attack her. Considering how pissed she was, i go with it was involuntary.

She may have even known that Togg was hiding inside him and not wanted him out of her sight, but that's just speculation.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

It just seemed like if she wanted him she couldve gotten him with how she was mowing down the bigger guns the seer sent. On a side note Toc is dumb as shit.

#4 User is offline   abate 

• Recruit

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

'Oh, be quiet!' She took his face in her hands, pulled him inexorably closer. Her full lips parted slightly.
Toc tried to pull away, but his muscles seemed to be dissolving around his bones.
She stopped suddenly, frowned. 'No, perhaps not. I prefer you ... free.'

So, the Lady wasn't interested in a slave and Toc wanted to explore the enemy on his way back home to the empire. At Toc's request, the Lady allowed Anaster and company to escape so he could join them.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

I believe it was a matter of a miss-understanding. Toc did not know who or what Envy is. He could not foresee 3 warriors, an undead Imass and a sorceress being able to fight their way across the country.

The truth of course is that Envy could have burned her way across the continent and crushed Anasters army before it ever reached Capustan. Toc would have rendezvoused with the Malazans and the combined force would have been devastating.

But such is fate.

This post has been edited by Apt: 30 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

#6 User is offline   Faradan Sort 

• Recruit

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

I think she let him go because K`rull told her something about Toc going to Panion Domin... I can`t recall what exacly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users