Malazan Empire: New Avengers Trailer - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Avengers Trailer Up

#21 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 24 October 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Also people are actually thinking Cap will travel back in time from that one glimpse of obvious flashback/hallucination, come the fuck on

Yeah, that's kind of a silly notion. It would make more sense for it just to be a memory, that we experience with him walking around in it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#22 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 23 October 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

View Postpolishgenius, on 23 October 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

Official release for when the leaks get taken down...

Spader's casting sounds bang on. There are... no strings... on me: goosebumps.

I had goosebumps..that voice is evil. like he is a killer..

Yeah, I've always know that James Spader is, in fact, many kinds of awesome and a talented actor, but holy shit, this just takes it to a whole new level. Goosebumps! Definitely Goosebumps!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#23 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

Hulkbuster armor FTW!
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#24 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

Seems the most apt place to comment that they have apparently cast Benedict Cumberbatch as DOCTOR STRANGE...which is the perfect choice methinks.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 October 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Seems the most apt place to comment that they have apparently cast Benedict Cumberbatch as DOCTOR STRANGE...which is the perfect choice methinks.

Stuck that in the Big Movie Thread yesturday, got to agree, couldn't have selected a better person for the role! Excited for this!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#26 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

I heard that wasn't final yet, but would be awesome.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#27 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

I think it's final, and all the news outlets are kind of beating around the bush as he hasn't come out himself yet about it. For Strange you need someone with gravitas and acting chops that are Shakespearean...and Cumberbtach oozes that in spades.

#28 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hmm, you say that, but he's an American neurosurgeon, right? He needs a New Joisey accent.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#29 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 28 October 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Hmm, you say that, but he's an American neurosurgeon, right? He needs a New Joisey accent.

He's supposed to be...but I'm never a fan of actors dropping their accents for roles. Patrick Stewart is Prof X now...and Prof X is British now even though he was American for years. So is Magneto.

I say if Cumberbatch is Strange (there does seem to be some speculation that this isn't confirmed yet), he ought to still be British.

#30 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

I think Cumberbatch as Strange would a fantastic piece of casting on their part, I can see him suiting thew role admirably; the accent is a complete non-issue in my mind, he need not possess a New Jersey accent for the films to my mind.

P.S The Age of Ultron trailer is literally one of, if not the best trailer I have ever seen, absolutely amazing really builds up anticipation without ruining anything important. What's more the inclusion of the Pinocchio song was utter genius, whoever implemented that needs a medal of some kind.

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 28 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#31 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 28 October 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Why? You could just as well make him a Brit. Would definitely make things like "by the hoary hosts of Hoggoth" sound marginally less cringeworthy. Possibly even intelligent.

#32 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

@ Tidal

Who do you think they will put as the bad guy for Doctor Strange, think we will see Dormammu?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#33 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 28 October 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

@ Tidal

Who do you think they will put as the bad guy for Doctor Strange, think we will see Dormammu?

Sadly, my knowledge of Strange is limited to seeing him appear here and there in other comics...so I don't know that I'm the best to ask. I would HOPE that his first villain isn't his main villain. That was Green Lantern's mistake...they had him fight his ultimate enemy (Parallax) mingled with Hector Hammond(?) in lieu of saving Sinestro for later? It was silly.

So far Marvel has been on-game, so I think Dormammu would make the most sense to use as a part of the intro of proper magic and mysticism into the MCU? On the flip side though, we might just as soon get a human villain as Dormammu would be tough to have as an antagonist in a film already Harry-Pottering up the MCU to buy? I mean Thanos is ostensibly the villain of GotG, but since he's kind of too big to fight, we get the proxy villain of Ronan The Accuser, but he's easier to digest (and that also saves Thanos for AVENGERS3).

I dunno if any of that makes sense. LOL

#34 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

My knowledge of Dr. Strange isn't the greatest, however, from what I do know I would imagine the choice of villain really depends on whether they are going to give us an origin story, or run with Stephen Strange being an established entity in the MCU (as would be suggested by his namedrop). If we got an origin story then I can't see a better choice than Baron Mordo, in a world where he is already established Dormammu quite possibly makes more sense.

I suggested in the AoS thread (when the subject of future MCU TV projects came up) that they could always introduce Dr. Strange in the Defenders miniseries being planned for Netflix, assuming they released each of the preceding four series in time. It would certainly help to establish Strange if they wish to eschew the traditional origin story. Of course if Cumberbatch is to be Strange there could be issues with attracting such talent to the TV project, though Netflix hasn't necessarily struggled in that regard in the past; much as I love the idea though I honestly don't think he'll be introduced before the film, I also don't think they are doing an origin story. So how it will be approached remains a mystery.

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 28 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

#35 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

If Cumberbatch is strange (I know nothing of Strange outside of the version I encountered in Marvel.. umh.. 17th Century something? By Gaiman?) I think they could make the character work. And, more importantly they'll have Martin Freeman too, somewhere.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#36 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

And here is the trailer with a clip at the beginning of the team trying to lift Thor's hammer.

#37 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

I was just coming here to post this, haha. I liked how Cap made it budge.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#38 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 29 October 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Yeah, the look on Thor's face is priceless when that happens.

I'm guessing that when Cap's shield breaks later on, he'll be able to lift mjolnir and that's why the scene is in there. Thor will be out of commission for some reason and Cap will take Mjolnir to Ultron.

#39 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 29 October 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 29 October 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Yeah, the look on Thor's face is priceless when that happens.

I'm guessing that when Cap's shield breaks later on, he'll be able to lift mjolnir and that's why the scene is in there. Thor will be out of commission for some reason and Cap will take Mjolnir to Ultron.

That would make sense, apparently Thor 3 picks up straight after Avengers 2 and is a game changer - titled Ragnarok that doesn't surprise me. Wonder if that will lead into his death and expand on the story of Death and Thanos...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#40 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Yeah I'm imagining either we will see Cap lift Mjolnir in this film, or it will be him that lands the final blow on Thanos with Mjolnir, makes more sense for it to be in the same film though considering that trailer.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users