• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gotham anyone else watching

#41 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:18 AM

I think we all can all agree that Robin Lord Taylor's portrayal of the Penguin is the best thing about this show. If you disagree I will meet you anywhere and any time of your choosing for a fight. Seriously, I will fight you if you disagree.

#42 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:56 PM

Very Nicholson...

I agree that the Nigma/Cobblepot face-off was a highlight of the show. I was hoping for a little more from the Boardroom scene. It will be interesting to see what the fallout is going to be like.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#43 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

Love this show.

I'm not super knowledgeable of the DC universe.

1. Is Fish a new character for this show? ...despite disliking the character, I did like what she did (option 3) at the end of last episode to save her bacon. I can't stand how unrealistic/far fetched they make her "toughness" ...so what she has the only shiv in the prison. There's really no reason why they can't do "option 2" still, just because of what she did. ...but she's a "star" so they'll keep the character around :veryangry:

2. Is the red hood a thing from the comics or was that new for the show?
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#44 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:27 AM

Red Hood has been different people in the comics but, given the nature of the show, I'd say Red Hood is very much related to the origin stories. However I haven't watched the show so I wont say more for fear of spoiling any future reveal.

#45 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

Please, just end the Fish sub plot. I'm guessing she'll end up mentoring Selena as Jada is thrown some very Catwoman-ish body language into the character.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#46 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

Well, Jada Smith has said she's not returning for 2nd season, so no more Fish Mooney.

Unless they occasionally guest star her. But at present i'm guessing character kill.
meh. Link was dead :(

#47 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 06 March 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

Well, Jada Smith has said she's not returning for 2nd season, so no more Fish Mooney.

Unless they occasionally guest star her. But at present i'm guessing character kill.

Woot!!
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#48 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 09 March 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 06 March 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

Woot!!

That's the best news this show could get!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#49 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

I finally caught up after saving up like 5 episodes. It's still half dumb half interesting (reminds me of True Blood in that respect). The whole Fish thing makes no sense. She was on that boat, she sees a man she apparently recognizes, enough so that they rush each other in a freeze frame cliffhanger. And then all of a sudden she's in the basement and the whole implication of the cliffhanger is gone, it must have just been some henchman collector for the doctor. Anyway, yah, her death will probably be Penguin's first big triumph and will immediately improve the show.

I dunno how they're pacing the show season-wise, but it seems clear that a bunch of the proto-rogues are gonna end up in Arkham and the combo radioactivity/Indian burial ground is gonna change them into something more. Also I just wanted to point out that the hallucinatory effects during the Scarecrow episode(s) were actually pretty awesome and unsettling.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#50 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

Nah, next ep isn't till April.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#51 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

Ya, I've been missing seeing it on my DVR the last couple weeks :whistle:

#52 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

New episode last night. We're getting there.

#53 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

It's Peter Petrelli! And crazy stuff with Nygma last night! I haven't been overly positive on the whole show so far, but this was the first episode so far that I've thoroughly enjoyed.

#54 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

Agreed - thought last night's episode was pretty good, though Peter Petrelli's 50 Shades of Gray dungeon was a little over the top...
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#55 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

View PostBlend, on 21 April 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

Agreed - thought last night's episode was pretty good, though Peter Petrelli's 50 Shades of Gray dungeon was a little over the top...

I took it as more of a poking-fun at 50SOG kind of set-up, rather than serious. Not sure what the battle-axes are for though ...

#56 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostDadding, on 21 April 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 21 April 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

I took it as more of a poking-fun at 50SOG kind of set-up, rather than serious. Not sure what the battle-axes are for though ...

I assume some kind of viking role playing... :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#57 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Was it just me or did Barbara look like she was into it?

#58 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 23 April 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Was it just me or did Barbara look like she was into it?

Ya, I didn't know how to take it either...
She's prob yes 2 S&M, no to kill me (part she doesn't know about yet)...

#59 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

Strange episode. I'm guessing Barbara is in shock for the last 1/4 of the episode?

#60 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 29 April 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Strange episode. I'm guessing Barbara is in shock for the last 1/4 of the episode?

Yeah, or, you know, she is a horrible actress.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users