• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gotham anyone else watching

#21 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 07 November 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

So I watched the first episode of this show, and honestly, I found it to be awfull. How do you guys find the time to watch something like this when there's so much good stuff out there?

I quite like it. Popcorn tv. I realised after a couple of episodes that I was trying really hard to figure out what Jim Gordon used to be in. It hit me last episode, he was the brooding bad boy in The O.C. My how he's grown!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#22 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

It's definitely grown on me. Barring every scene with Jada obviously.

They've kind of captured the Gotham atmosphere - it's keeping me watching so far anyway.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#23 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

I find it's getting better and better, the last 2 episodes especially.
When we found out about Penguin's scheming from the start, that's when I thought it was getting really good.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#24 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:13 AM

My sister suggested that since Arkham is being built on a toxic waste dump that is itself on an Indian burial ground, that the Rogue's Gallery will probably end up there as common (but insane) criminals but that goofy combo will be what transitions them into supervillains. Not that there's gonna be a big supernatural turn or anything, just that heightened comic book weirdness. That's kind of a neat idea if it comes true.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

I'm having fun watching it.

I'm shocked at the portrayal of Alfred. That's one hard assed butler.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#26 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

Just caught this weeks ep.

Think they're really handling Bruce's development well tbh.

I'm liking this show more and more.
meh. Link was dead :(

#27 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

The introduction of ed nigma could have been more subtle. Just having him there at the crimescenes every now and then would have worked without already irritating people with riddles. I liked last nights ep, Penguin good as usual and no JPS.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#28 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

Did anyone see the complete episode last night? I think everyone in the U.S. had their broadcast interrupted by the events in Ferguson, MO. Which is a bummer because this was the Fall finale and so there were probably some important things that took place. Also, this episode was developing into one of the better episodes so far. From what bit I saw, cat girl was fanning the flame in bat boy's development. They were also being pursued by someone after cat girl. We also got to see what a bad-ass Alfred is. Also near the end, James Gordon was punished for some reason and now will be working as a guard at Arkham Asylum. Gordon going to Arkham Asylum actually gives me hope for the show (so far I have been disappointed). There is a lot of awesomeness that can come out of episodes where AA is the setting.

Does anyone know if Fox will be re-airing this episode any time soon?

Also, fuck interrupting broadcasts for breaking news (unless it's for public safety). If people are interested in Ferguson, let them switch over to CNN or MSNBC or Fox News or any of the other news channels available. Posted Image

#29 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 25 November 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

You can stream the ep here: http://www.fox.com/g...m/full-episodes
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#30 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 25 November 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Did anyone see the complete episode last night? I think everyone in the U.S. had their broadcast interrupted by the events in Ferguson, MO. Which is a bummer because this was the Fall finale and so there were probably some important things that took place. Also, this episode was developing into one of the better episodes so far. From what bit I saw, cat girl was fanning the flame in bat boy's development. They were also being pursued by someone after cat girl. We also got to see what a bad-ass Alfred is. Also near the end, James Gordon was punished for some reason and now will be working as a guard at Arkham Asylum. Gordon going to Arkham Asylum actually gives me hope for the show (so far I have been disappointed). There is a lot of awesomeness that can come out of episodes where AA is the setting.

Also, fuck interrupting broadcasts for breaking news (unless it's for public safety). If people are interested in Ferguson, let them switch over to CNN or MSNBC or Fox News or any of the other news channels available. Posted Image

That really happens? We interrupt this broadcast to bring you important news!

My god there are a million 24 hours new stations and the internet.

#31 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

I can't believe any channel does that these days.

Kind of spoiled now with On Demand and all the + channels in case I miss something.

Just watched the Penguins Umbrella ep. Really liking the Penguin arc, but JPS was absolutely dreadful - they really really need to kill her off quick.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

#32 User is offline   Kruppe's snacky cakes 

• First Sword

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean...your destiny.

#33 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

I like Alfred as a badass.

#34 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

The quality of Fish scenes is inversely proportional to how far she pushes the accent. It's been better lately.

The girl playing Selina looks a ridiculous amount like Michelle Pfeiffer. It's uncanny.

#35 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Renewed for a second series/season (delete depending on which side of the Atlantic you reside)

#36 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 17 January 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

(delete depending on which side of the Atlantic you reside)

Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:02 AM

Watched the latest episode, and hey! I think I finally got it! What to penguins eat? They eat fish! Posted Image

Oh man, looks like tonight's episode is going to be replete with Jada Pinkett Smith's cheesetastic/craptastic acting. Noooooooo!

#38 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:07 AM

OMG Cameron Monaghan as the teenage Joker was frikkin amazing!

Spoiler

Seriously, fucking GOLD!

This post has been edited by Blend: 17 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#39 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostCajun King, on 17 February 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

His role in Shameless this season is kinda reflecting his role as Joker. For those that don't watch it his character is dealing with being bipolar. That's kinda a big coincidence it seems.

I noticed that too - he's doing crazy well in both shows, but I think that his Joker crazy is a little more over the top than his Ian Gallagher bipolar, and I rather enjoyed the distinction! :p

Plus I pretty much just adore Cameron Monaghan, so there's that.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#40 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostBlend, on 17 February 2015 - 03:07 AM, said:

OMG Cameron Monaghan as the teenage Joker was frikkin amazing!

Spoiler

Seriously, fucking GOLD!

Just watched the clip on reddit:

Not sure what I think of it. Re-watching it, it's better than my first impression, but he doesn't seem particularly menacing. More like a kid trying to look scary, than an actually scary person. But I do admit I think he mimics Nicholsons joker well.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users