• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

Harley Quinn!

errr, wait, is she?

#142 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Seems to be.

This post has been edited by acesn8s: 25 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#143 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

Gotham has gotten weird. I'm kinda glad the series is ending.

The Selena transition angle isn't working. At this point I want more Bruce content, either show him setting up to leave to start the transition to Batman, or show what he is doing to transition already.

The Penguin and Riddler round and round is stale.

Strange is the creepiest character, we should get more of him.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#144 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

I'm an episode behind, but I agree. They seem to be really stretching the current story threads out. Also, the show has always had a bit of humor interjected, but this last season it seems to me that they are attempting to channel the campy, shtick of the original television series. I'm almost expecting to see, in big words - BAM! and BOFF! and CRASH!

I was glad to see Victor Zsasz. He is always good for some chortles.

#145 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

Rerun of the first episode of this final season. I had got caught up in anticipation of a new episode. Oh well. Watched that foreshadowing at the beginning again to see if I could catch anything I missed the first time. I didn't. Don't think the show is clever enough to require frame by frame analysis to try and see any new clues.

Anyway, with that scene from the next (new episode), we know who Bane is. Selina Kyle is going down the drink and party road that Bruce once went down. Now all of a sudden she revels to Bruce that she was there 'that night' and didn't do anything because she doesn't care? I dunno, how the show executed something that should have had a lot of emotional heft, just seemed sloppy. And now Jeremiah (or is it Jerome? and uh, is he the Joker now?) hatched a cockamamy plan to mess with Bruce by bringing back some 'actors' that look like his parents?

Also, is it me or does Hugo Strange channel George Takei in how he talks sometimes? I mean, he did say the iconic 'oh my' in that episode, right?

#146 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:53 PM

Yes to all your observations! Oh my...

#147 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:56 AM

Current now with this last season in advance of tonight's episode.

This final season has really been kinda shitting the bed, tbh. That 'Trial of Jim Gordon' episode was below avg. to borderline crappy. That beginning was right from the movie 'The Warriors'. I was expecting Gordon to yell "can you dig it!". And then the rest with his close to death trial and the Poison Ivy stuff was just stinky. And that Gordon/Lee wedding at the end was so cheesy. One redeeming quality was Victor Zsasz. Damn, now that Netflix has kicked Marvel to the curb, they should 'white board' / 'brainstorm' ideas they could do with the property. I would definitely watch a series based on the Victor Zsasz. It would be head and shoulders better then The Punisher.

Anyway, 3 epiosdes left in this final season. I guess I will tough it out and see it through to the end. Looks like these last ones are being set up as Bane versus.

#148 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

Last episode this Thursday. I've found this season very lacking. I'm glad it is wrapping up.

#149 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

I'm an episode behind leading up to the finale. I hope to be caught up before it airs Thursday night. The most recent episode I watched was really poor. They time jumped 9 months. Barbara Kean gave birth (with Lee's help) to her and Jim Gordon's child. Then Bane was on a mission to kill her, I think. And Penguin and Riddler were trying to get submarine part from Barbara so they could leave Gotham. It was really baaaaaaaad television.

Is it true that by the finale, the show time jumps forward again, this time by like 10 years or something? And now everyone is ready to take on the full characterization of each one of their personas? And Batman is finally, at last, supposed to begin? That's how one description I read said is where the finale is supposed to take us. We'll see, this last season has been quite shitty, so I have lowered expectations and that the finale will continue the shitty tradition.

#150 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

I read that as well. We'll see on Thursday.

#151 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:09 PM

I liked the actor's take on the Joker, that was about it...

#152 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

I didn't hate it, comparatively, to the overall crap this final season has been. Especially after the Nyssa al Ghul episodes leading up to this finale. Holy shit those were terrible. But on the scale of sizzle vs. fizzle, it had more fizzle.

I see Catgirl becomes Catwoman and a new actress takes the role. I wasn't all that impressed.

I did like that Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin got a little chubbier and took on his trademark top hat and monocle to become the iconic Penguin we are familiar with. And similarly, Edward Nygma/The Riddler begins wearing his green [?] suit. But they were a complete throw away in this final episode, except being the stooges that the mysterious man dressed like a bat was screwing with.

I like that they didn't reveal Batman until the very end. If they kept the same actor (wasn't sure if that was him in the suit at the end), it definitely would not have lived up to the character we've become familiar with over the years (through movies). It would have been a no win proposition anyway, regardless of who they had in the suit, unless of course, it was Christian BalePosted Image.

Anyway, overall, I liked some of the things about the finale, but it fell flat. But whooboy not as bad as the prior two episodes preceding it. The Bane/Nyssa al Ghul material was shit!

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users