Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Query about the magic

#1 User is offline   karsa orlong rulez 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

Hi all. I dont know if this is the right place to post this. I currently reading this book so I am posting this here. I need some help with the magic system. If i understand this right, the new warrens are fragments of a K'rul's body and hte magic is used by channeling said power from the gods body. Also a person ascends once he/she gains complete mastery over the warren used. Ascendancy giving some perks like extended life etc. And said ascendant has the chance to become a god once he gets followers/worshippers.

Is my understanding correct? Also how do the elder warrens work. Are they fragments of Burn? And how can a weapon be a warren upon itself? Like Dragnipur for instance. If Dragnipur itself is a warren, can someone technically become say, a mortal sword of Dragnipur?

#2 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:04 AM

The way the warrens work isn't totally spelled out. Ascendancy is even more vague. There are numerous ways people can ascend and it's not a strict set of rules. You don't need to be a magic user, and even if you are a powerful magic user it's not a guarantee of ascendancy.

With the relationship between the Elder and newer warrens, yes, K'ruls blood/body shapes the newer ones. The Elder ones are from before this, and function relatively similarly, they just come from a different source. It's basically the same difference as that between Houses and Holds.

Dragnipur is an odd case, it basically contains the entrance to a warren (within the Cart, where Paran gets the hounds to go) which is being chased by another sort of warren. So someone wouldn't really be mortal sword to Dragnipur itself, but for the warrens, the regular situation would apply.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#3 User is offline   karsa orlong rulez 

• Recruit

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:39 AM

Thx for that explaination. Now Otataral is a substance which dampens all magic apart from elder warrens. My assumption here is that otataral is a substance which is sort of like K'rul's kryptonite. So all warrens which came about from K'ruls body would be dampened by otataral. The elder warrens having a different source would not be affected. The only warren which does not make sense to me is Imperial warren. The imperial warren was Kallor's old kingdom which was ravaged. K'rul made it into a warren to let the land heal. How does that work?

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:14 AM

Metaphysically and literally. He prepared a space within himself and transported the affected land into it.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users