Malazan Empire: Motorsports - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Motorsports Second place is the first loser.

#1 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

How the hell is there no thread for second greatest sport*? I get that the 'turn left, go fast'** crowd probably isn't into Malazan seeing as how SE uses multi-syllable words. But seriously, no F1 fans here?? Grand Prix superbikes, NHRA, Le Mans. Airplanes, hydrofoils, lawnowers; if it has a motor people will race it.

Anyway, the reason I was looking for a thread: I watched a BBC documentary a few days ago, "Grand Prix: The Killer Years". I remember reading an article quoting Enzo Ferrari (iirc) as saying that "F1 is getting too tame, nobody has died in three or four years" but I never realized just how dangerous it was back in the day.

*Insert your favorite as the greatest. I'm not interested in arguing that point. :smoke:
**NASCAR mouth breathers phrase. All you have to do is 'turn left and go fast'. There's a reason the two road course races are almost always won by drivers who only drive those two races.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 10 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

The only racing that I have ever watched was F1. It was brilliant to watch. I haven't watched a race in years though.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Busch testified Monday that he decided to end his relationship with Driscoll after a race last fall because she was monopolizing his schedule and he needed to focus on racing.

"I take down foreign governments. I own Washington."

I hate it when this happens.

http://www.theguardi...assin?CMP=fb_gu
http://espn.go.com/r...rained-assassin

I grabbed more than one source, as I wasn't sure I was reading an onion article. Total double-take.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

I like the F1 but my wife hates it so I rarely put it on if we're hanging around on a Sunday afternoon. I also like the Isle of Man TT and have been able to see it a few times (as my parents live there I don't have to pay extortionate prices to stay during the event!)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

F1 pr0n:

http://www.theverge....-f1-concept-car

... worked for me. :unsure:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users