• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A question about the Spire Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DaddyDraconus 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hello All,
Just about finished with my reread of MBotF and came across something I must have missed. A Forkrul Assail is attop the spire and a watered comes upt o make a report and they are crawling on there hands and knees just to reach the top. The FA (Sister Reverence I believe) has a thought about even with some fa blood they are too weak to make the top of the spire. I think I remember reading earlier that humans and shrivan have a hard time climbing the spire but the FA are able to use there power to not be affected. I was wondering is there anything said as to why it is so hard to reach without FA powers? Is it there warren or the something else?

#2 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostDaddyDraconus, on 05 October 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Hello All,
Just about finished with my reread of MBotF and came across something I must have missed. A Forkrul Assail is attop the spire and a watered comes upt o make a report and they are crawling on there hands and knees just to reach the top. The FA (Sister Reverence I believe) has a thought about even with some fa blood they are too weak to make the top of the spire. I think I remember reading earlier that humans and shrivan have a hard time climbing the spire but the FA are able to use there power to not be affected. I was wondering is there anything said as to why it is so hard to reach without FA powers? Is it there warren or the something else?

Yup, it's because the spire is the heart (heh ) of their domain. Remember how the armies were unable to use warrens (or at least at much greater difficulty) because they entered the Forkrul Assail demense? Well the heart was the origin of all that power. They were planning to use the heart to eventually have that dominance of "pure arkhast korvalain" spread out across the world.

It could be that "normal" malazans/bolkando/letherii may have had as much difficulty reaching the top as those watered, but just thinking about it off the top of my head, the other people who reached the top of the spire were;

An elder warren god
A near ascendant who was forged in the fire of an elder warren
An incredibly powerful witch who was wreathed in the power of the chaos warrens
A shi'gal Assassin (elder race)
... and a dog.

The fact that these are the entities that made it to the spire may be why it wasn't mentioned again, they were either contempories of Arkhast Korvalain or using the new bleeding power of Icariums warrens

#3 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostInane Babble, on 05 October 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

An elder warren god
... and THE dog.

Corrected for accuracy.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostGnaw, on 05 October 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

An elder warren god
... and THE dog.

Corrected for accuracy.

You sure we can call IT a dog???

#5 User is offline   DaddyDraconus 

• Recruit

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:39 AM

View PostDaddyDraconus, on 05 October 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Hello All,

Yup, it's because the spire is the heart (heh ) of their domain. Remember how the armies were unable to use warrens (or at least at much greater difficulty) because they entered the Forkrul Assail demense? Well the heart was the origin of all that power. They were planning to use the heart to eventually have that dominance of "pure arkhast korvalain" spread out across the world.

It could be that "normal" malazans/bolkando/letherii may have had as much difficulty reaching the top as those watered, but just thinking about it off the top of my head, the other people who reached the top of the spire were;

An elder warren god
... and a dog.

The fact that these are the entities that made it to the spire may be why it wasn't mentioned again, they were either contempories of Arkhast Korvalain or using the new bleeding power of Icariums warrens

Thanks that makes sense.

#6 User is offline   D'iver koala bear 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

I think it's actually more to do with endurance and how tall the spire is nothing to do with the power, think they could see for miles and miles from up there must of been massive

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users