• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who else has a savannah cat? because they are fucking awesome

#21 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:59 PM

I don't think we are friends on Fbook, Mal. I could be wrong, but it's usually pretty obvious when you start writing acerbically that it's you.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#22 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:01 PM

"Oh look, it's that snot with high falutin' and annoying opinions about stuff. Must be either Amphibian or Malaclypse and since I'm Amphibian and I wasn't blackout sloshed lately..."

#23 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:07 PM

Well that is weird because I distinctly remember a specific interaction with you on Facebook so...what is your interest in this thread exactly, being that you 'firmly prefer' dogs?

#24 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 02 October 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well that is weird because I distinctly remember a specific interaction with you on Facebook so...what is your interest in this thread exactly, being that you 'firmly prefer' dogs?

We are not friends and I don't think we have any friends in common either. I went through the Malazan Fbook I am friends with to see if I could sidewind my way to you or Hetan, but nope.

My interest in this thread is pretty much the same interest most people have for Phoenix Inn threads: banter and getting a rise out of the cat owner who probably has a bit too much toxoplasma gondii to be fully sane anymore.

#25 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:44 AM

toxoplasma gondii
'

Wow...never knew about this..

http://www.theatlant...u-crazy/308873/

Totally off the point but all these little weird bugs, injuries and all is why... I suggest people to do Hot Yoga.

No their is no clinical backings, but something around 90 minutes in a hot room is amazing for your body and mind. My running and lifting increased and I feel so so much better energywise. It could be your body really wasn't met to sit at a desk all day too...

Totally changed my life

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 03 October 2014 - 01:48 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#26 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:48 AM

Nicodimas + hot yoga = 65% of forum regulars experiencing the head asplodey sensation.

#27 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:30 AM

Nicodimas + hot yoga = 65% of forum regulars experiencing the head asplodey sensation.

I don't understand? i totally thought I have gone on this rant before..Or have I talked about this too much? lol

No no..its really good! It gets to your inner spirituality and really gets to your focus/discipline levels. I kind of compare it to Church <for an adult though> as it gives you a sense of well-being. Also they have lessons about how to approach life that I really enjoy..I always like " Always do things for others, but have no expectations back". The world would be better for certain if most people just sat back and slowed down in reality. Camping/Backpacking and Nature is the only thing I can compare it to, but I live in the concrete jungle...

I can not impress it upon you enough to give it a try. Really will focus/discipline your mind body connection and bring a sense of inner peace...

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 03 October 2014 - 04:32 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#28 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 02 October 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

@ MAL and ABYSS

See that is the problem I have at subjecting a Cat to staying inside all the time..I mean I obviously want one of these guys, but want it to be free and roam too. I would hate to cage an animal that is meant to stalk and get to play the predator role.

@ Amphiban:

Even if Savannah cats look cool.

Everyone should watch some of the youtube videos...these guys have some unique behaviors...am I correct in that assumption Mal, that they totally put other <domesticated> cats to shame.

They are awesome right?

I can't be arsed to deal with Abyss's post seriously at this point, but the indoor versus outdoor cat argument there is based on cats that are never allowed outdoors versus those never allowed in at best. If you do a google searxh on the topic, his reference is the second or third hit, while the next one pretty much refutes it.

#29 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 03 October 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

I suggest people to do Hot Yoga.

Posted Image

Where do I sign up?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#30 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Sarah does Bikram Yoga (which is hot Yoga I assume?). Alas there's no place to sit and watch.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#31 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostGwynn ap Nudd, on 03 October 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

...I can't be arsed to deal with Abyss's post seriously at this point, but the indoor versus outdoor cat argument there is based on cats that are never allowed outdoors versus those never allowed in at best. If you do a google searxh on the topic, his reference is the second or third hit, while the next one pretty much refutes it.

Don't know what google you're doing, mine had variations of those stats as the first three hits. Doesn't matter, it's an opinion, take it or leave it it's your pet.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#32 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

Back to these cats...

A) I love what they look like..
:rant: what a fun creature.

#33 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:54 AM

I love Savannah cats. I am a Siamese gal all the way though. Nothing beats that sweet Siamese song.

#34 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

Got a ragdoll, which looks very much like your first cat.

She plays fetch and also likes to play "when are you going to die" with critters.

Amusing.

Love her.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#35 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

Our ragdoll incessantly patrols the house and garden, meting out frontier justice to every living thing she encounters. It's gratifying to know that she feels that she has a purpose, a job almost. I don't wonder if she might be bored at any given moment - I know that the pair of them are doing exactly what they choose to do and that makes me feel good :D

#36 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:42 PM

refuses to use the litter box any longer

Change the type of litter used until you find something the cat likes again make take a few try's..

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 07 October 2014 - 10:42 PM

#37 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 03 October 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

I don't understand? i totally thought I have gone on this rant before..Or have I talked about this too much? lol

No no..its really good! It gets to your inner spirituality and really gets to your focus/discipline levels. I kind of compare it to Church <for an adult though> as it gives you a sense of well-being. Also they have lessons about how to approach life that I really enjoy..I always like " Always do things for others, but have no expectations back". The world would be better for certain if most people just sat back and slowed down in reality. Camping/Backpacking and Nature is the only thing I can compare it to, but I live in the concrete jungle...

I can not impress it upon you enough to give it a try. Really will focus/discipline your mind body connection and bring a sense of inner peace...

This is not how you get some one to do hot yoga. There are hotties, insanely hot mostly naked hotties. In every hot yoga class I have gone too there have been several especially fit (single) female yoga students. I have often mentioned that i wish I had known about hot yoga when I was single. Screw inner piece go do hot yoga if you want a good shot a getting a hot piece... :D
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#38 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 03 October 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Sarah does Bikram Yoga (which is hot Yoga I assume?). Alas there's no place to sit and watch.

Get in there and do it with her you baby. I did hot yoga with Lauren till she was prego with our son.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#39 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:49 AM

Venge doing hot yoga..... SHUDDER.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#40 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

Get in there and do it with her you baby. I did hot yoga with Lauren till she was prego with our son

Oh cool! Thats awesome you all have done it!! I do two types Bikram and Summits out here...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users