Malazan Empire: I'm thinking about maybe helping fix your wiki - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm thinking about maybe helping fix your wiki despite my instincts Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostJade Raven, on 01 October 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

malazan.wikia.com
Maybe my signature block is too subtle.

Also, to pre-empt you, if you sign up for an account (free) you don't have to see ads.

This is what the website looks like to me:

Adblock plus makes it look like that too. :rant:

Your wiki was of great aid on my first read through. When I wanted to know what something was I went there. If all I wanted to know was quotes about that subject I went to encyclopediamalazica.

Britannica vs Bartlett's *shrug*

They both have their uses, but let's face it: one is useful for many while the other is a toy for the few.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#22 User is offline   Jade Raven 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

Nothing can be permanently deleted, except maybe by admins in certain situations (haven't tried it). I have patrolled (checked) every edit made in the last two years (except by users who have more than 50 total edits, them I trust).

Wikipedia doesn't have strict editorial controls, Citizendium does, I rest my case.

The left sidebar? Hmmm, I could do something there. If it's the right sidebar, then yes, that's already something I'd like to make better eventually.

I don't assume everyone is using Adblock+, but I can't think of any reason why anyone wouldn't (I disable it on sites I support though).

And it's not my wiki either, it's everyones. I didn't start it and I don't have the most edits, but I suppose I'm the only active admin there at the moment.
I am an Admin at the Malazan Wiki. [ malazan.wikia.com ]

#23 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

Dammit Mal. How can I troll you into an aneurysm if you won't take the bait?
:rant:
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#24 User is offline   Jade Raven 

• Corporal

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

Thankyou for changing the navigation bar link Silencer.
I am an Admin at the Malazan Wiki. [ malazan.wikia.com ]

#25 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

As a long time user of Wikipedia, it was the fact that the Wikia is very much based on the same model that attracted me to it. I frequently use it as reference source.

For anyone not knowing where to start editing... just open a random page in any of the books and check if the information on it is on the Wikia. For example, descriptions of people... if anyone was looking to do a fanart project, every bit of description would be useful. Or maybe there is a reference to a location and the Wikia entry is incomplete. If nothing else, you are probably able to add a reference note to the existing Wikia entry. Just go to one of the major pages and copy the formats across, changing the details.

I am hoping that our Wikia is going to overtake the SoIaF Wikias in the Wikia rankings one day. We do have so much more world and plot to reference, after all!!! :D

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users