Malazan Empire: DresdenFiles: War Cry #1 Available Free! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DresdenFiles: War Cry #1 Available Free! Digitally

#1 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

Here you all go. It's all legal and such.

http://www.bleedingc...iles-war-cry-1/
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 September 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Here you all go. It's all legal and such.

http://www.bleedingc...iles-war-cry-1/

That was just wow!
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

"They have given a warden's cloak to the wizard they can least control!"

LOVE it.

This is leaps and bounds better than GOBLIN/GHOUL. Will totally buy the trade.

WARNING SPOILERS

SPOILERS

BELOW HERE

SPOILERS

FOR ALL YES

ALL DRESDEN BOOKS
TO DATE INCLUDING THIS FREE ISSUE

FUCKING SPOILERS

HARRY WEARS A BASEBALL CAP AND

STABS A YELLOW COURT VAMP TO UNDEATH WITH IT

THERE SEE WHAT YOU BROUGHT ON YOURSELF

SPOILERS

carry on...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

Agreed. This is a hell of a first issue!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5 User is offline   Pig Iron 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

Wait,

Spoiler

Obviously mandatory reading!

#6 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostPig Iron, on 04 September 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Wait,

Spoiler

Obviously mandatory reading!

The old gods thing is new and I question if it is accurate.

The red courts use f outsiders is in the book. Since only mortal wizards can invite outsiders into the world it was the first sign that something bad was going on. Though at the time the white council thought that maybe the vamps had just made some wizards addicted to their vamp saliva

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

We've seen vamp wizards, and there are different kinds/levels of outsiders. It's not off.

#8 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

Pretty sure they mention the old gods thing back when they introduced the idea of outsiders. Also it's co-written by Butcher himself so he's not gonna miss something like that.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#9 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

I went to 4 comic book stores to find this when it came out! And #2 is released but I can't find it in print. Good stuff.

#10 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostGrand Chef of High House Decay, on 04 September 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

Pretty sure they mention the old gods thing back when they introduced the idea of outsiders. Also it's co-written by Butcher himself so he's not gonna miss something like that.

The old gods are real and part of the oblivion war but I swear the outsiders are seen as a completely separate threat. The never never, the old gods, demons etc are a part of our world. The outsiders are from beyond it and completely separate.

I found the reference puzzling

#11 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

From the Warden meeting scene in Mac bar's during Dead Beat, Dresden's mental mind monologuing:

Outsiders, though, were so rarely spoken of that they were all but a rumour. I wasn't really clear on all the details, but the Outsiders had been the servants and foot soldiers of the Old Ones, an ancient race of demons or gods who had once ruled the mortal world, but who had apparently been cast out and locked away from our reality.

So different from the entities in the Oblivion War, and matching Dresden's level of knowledge as of War Cry (which explicitly happens between Dead Beat and Proven Guilty), but still the name of the rulers of the Outsiders. I can't imagine we won't get a better look at them in the next few books.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Okay I did some digging, The oblivion war is against the old gods, apparently in dead beat itself Harry also claims that the outsiders were the old gods foot soldiers. I have no recollection of it but it seems like a significant point. May have to re-asses some things

#13 User is offline   Pig Iron 

• First Sword

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

The oblivion war seemed more like a fight against lesser gods who are about to be forgotten. The "Old Gods" with Outsiders as foot soldiers could be the major threat of the whole series. Butcher has used or alluded to many mythologies, and Lovecraft has been suspiciously absent. The Fomor coming out of the oceans is lovecraftian too. So Nicodemus wanted that spear for killing Chtulhu ...

#14 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

Wow the release schedule on this is terrible! One comic a month? And they are thirty pages? Is that normal. I will go bonkers

#15 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostCause, on 08 September 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Wow the release schedule on this is terrible! One comic a month? And they are thirty pages? Is that normal. I will go bonkers

(Late reply, but) most US comics are 24 pages and published monthly. It's not unusual for a miniseries to be released every other month, though.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#16 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 17 January 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 08 September 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

(Late reply, but) most US comics are 24 pages and published monthly. It's not unusual for a miniseries to be released every other month, though.

Yep, this.

And there are some creative teams and endeavours that take even longer. Mark Millar and Frank Quitely's JUPITERS LEGACY did 4 solid months of issue releasing, and then the 5th took 3 months. the newest SANDMAN issues have long stretches where we get nada. SAGA does 6 issues (one a month) and then takes two months off befroe coming back with the next 6.

In fact I've not heard of any comic company releasing issues in less time than one a month.

#17 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

I picked up this and ghoul goblin for christmas. Both pretty good reads, but warcry was definitely the better of the two. Well worth a read if you are a dresden fan.

#18 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 January 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

In fact I've not heard of any comic company releasing issues in less time than one a month.

Well, the old Marvel UK TRANSFORMERS comic in the 80s-90s was an every-other-week publication. Dunno if that was exclusive to Marvel UK, though.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#19 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

latest Storybundle includes WAR CRY... worth it just for that, nevermind the other 2000 or so pages of stuff...

http://storybundle.c...campaign=comics

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users