• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 115.5 They Eat Their Young M&P non-themed

#121 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

I don't like how I am being clumped together here with Fener, as if were in cahoots. It's obvious Merrid doesnt want to answer because he doesnt have a real valid reason other than thinking there is a link between us. You are just enforcing his belief that we are working together by asking what he things of me constantly. Maybe its making things better for you, but certainly isn't for me.

#122 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

With the day ending soon we are creating a narrow field of view and allowing others to come unscathed. There is a large possibility it will be like last day with the scum hiding in the back and jumping on the train with not having to really do anything. Its real easy to agree without backing.

Also since Jalan has been a low poster here and turned out to be an innocent, lets not give the opportunity for the other "low poster" to also be labeled innocent just by association. As it seems this game has grouped players into such groups, as seen in Fener's analysis, even if its not as accurate anymore. There could still be the possibiility that SPQR mentioned with scum hiding behind the low post excuse.

#123 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

The modkill update has been edited. Please read.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#124 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostFener, on 04 September 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostMerrid, on 04 September 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostFener, on 04 September 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Worst Case Scenario

Day 2 - 7 alive - 2 town die from lynch + night = 5 left 3 town 2 scum
Day 3 - 5 alive - 1 town dies from lynch = 4 left 2 town 2 scum then NK, scum victory

It is possible we killed a symp in which case the game will last a lot longer, but if that is not the case, we must be very cautious going forward as tomorrow may be D-day.

That is tomorrow. Who gives a fuck? Today is what is important.

Regardless, you are becoming more and more dodge.

I need someone else to comment on the thread because my small amount of trust in you two has evaporated.

I don't care about Pallid's case, or Hanas's case, I care about what has happened afterwards because cases tend to be way off the mark anyway. it's the reactions that catch scum and Fener's reaction to Pallid's "case" was to vote him. That, to me, is a strong reaction.

Ignoring the content and context of posts and thus of the votes as well by definition. Genius. :D

Again, failure on scum theory 101. Good scum are not targetable based on content. One has to look past the post by post and go to the overall playstyle. Is the person too good o be true? Do they glide along agreeably? Do they set them selves apart/aloof, like a townie who just knew that day 1 lynch was garbage, killin a fellow townie.

Scum sometimes, but not always, slip up, but frankly town slips up more.

#125 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostHanas, on 04 September 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

With the day ending soon we are creating a narrow field of view and allowing others to come unscathed. There is a large possibility it will be like last day with the scum hiding in the back and jumping on the train with not having to really do anything. Its real easy to agree without backing.

Also since Jalan has been a low poster here and turned out to be an innocent, lets not give the opportunity for the other "low poster" to also be labeled innocent just by association. As it seems this game has grouped players into such groups, as seen in Fener's analysis, even if its not as accurate anymore. There could still be the possibiility that SPQR mentioned with scum hiding behind the low post excuse.

Maybe u should build some cases of your own? maybe on fener :D

#126 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostPallid, on 04 September 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Fener is definite acting erratic. I agree his sudden and holds-bar-none fight against my case against Pallid aends up alarm bells. He also seems to be scrambling a bit, voting for me, trying to say I didn't give a reason for voting SPQR yesterday and attacking anyone voting for me. Also, he treats Cast's nonchalance with a cursory analysis and dismisses him outright.

To address Hanas, my vote for you is based on day 1 behavior. I always chrck through the first day and look for subtlties indicating someone is ever so slightly off, whether by trying to hard or being too good to be true (the super townie rule). You did not explicitly say you don't care who was lynched but voting an entirely different direction is open to u without concern given that u have no one to protect.

with 10 players, there should be 1 killer. that killer does not have any loyalties among the crowd, so no one to rescue from the lynch train (hence the lack of convern for who is lynched, giving a relaxed perspective on dropping votes and letting the thread lynch 'whoever'). This is the personality i see in your play style.

The only person with someone to save is the symp, and given there is probably only one killer, the symps success depends on keeping that person alive. Thus I'd expect a more twitchy symp to go apeshit when their only hope was threatened, especially in a short game. Fener fits the bill.

At least your being consistent. You are just going with your gut. When I voted against the "train" it was not a train yet. there were 2 votes against SPQR and 2 against Cast, including mine. Then I went to bed. I just did not believe the mistake made him scum, and he was not. Also, do you believe that scum would not take the chance to vote on a train as some discussed? it seems like a good opportunity for them to me. Maybe as scum I foresaw everyone would jump on the opportunity and then went against it?

#127 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostPallid, on 04 September 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostHanas, on 04 September 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Maybe u should build some cases of your own? maybe on fener :D

Arent you the one that is accusing me of being the killer and Fener as the symp? You should make the case. All you do is believe that certain attributes and player actions automatically mean killer and symp

#128 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Guess I'll just keep posting.

View PostMerrid, on 04 September 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

I see a couple of people putting effort into the game and that could be coming from a town or a scum point of view, but I believe in a game this small that the actual people digging up posts and making the effort should be kept around for a while longer.

I am going to have a little read up and place my vote. I see both Hanas and Pallid have a vote each.

View PostMerrid, on 04 September 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

View PostPallid, on 04 September 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

Something bothers me about Hanas. Maybe it's the level head. Maybe it's the discrediting of the most thoughtful/active player on thread. maybe it's the attempt to not join a train that everyone else readily agreed with. Or maybe it's Fener's discounting those not on the SPQR train.

Overall, independent, cool headed players worry me. If we are assuming a killer and symp, I would anticipate the killer to either be very high strung (either very quiet or very defensive) or very cool and calculating, unconcernes about who is lynched since really one guy is as good as thw next, particularly without a know teammate from which one requires distancing.

Of course, I see Hanas as number 2.

Vote Hanas

View PostHanas, on 02 September 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostLock, on 02 September 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

So this game is off to a bang up start. A conversation about the virtues of editing. Because in this post he indicates that town should be able to explain away mistakes. A) A member of town should make no mistakes because they are town.

View PostMerrid, on 02 September 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Town have nothing to hide, and should be able to explain away their mistakes but scum make mistakes under pressure, or in the heat of the moment. Look at last game, we lynched day 2 because of a slip.
Vote Merrid
Lock, I don't know if that's a valid reason against Merrid. Mistakes are always made by both parties especially since everyone is fishing and just hoping someone will say something out of the ordinary just to incriminate them.

View PostLock, on 02 September 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

View PostSPQR, on 02 September 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

View PostLock, on 02 September 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

So you aren't defending him? Is that because he isn't a fellow scum or because your town? No don't answer that you will just lie.
Actually, If I am town I will tell the truth and I am town. No, I wasn't defending him.
Ah but if your scum you would say that. Since I don't know that you aren't scum I have to assume that your lying.
Also seems like your view on here is guilty until proven innocent for the players. As you voted early on Merrid's comment as well as saying that SPQR is covering for someone and assuming already that SPQR might be scum. This is probably just prodding to see what happens but it seems backwards.

View PostHanas, on 02 September 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Because with this great a number of people declaring low poster in the sign ups thread,
That's also a good point. The opportunity to not post anything, while hiding behind one of the low post comments on signup might be a good strategy. Even though I am not sure if scum would keep quiet as low posters do bring about attention, especially early in game with little and not detailed evidence.So Pallid, Cast, can you guys give us something since it does seem like a lower poster might be a safer choice right now.

View PostHanas, on 03 September 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

This might be an interesting slip up on his part but doesn't necessarily mean what Fener has stated. Seems to me that mistakes like that can make someone an easy target. We will have to see the reply to the accusation, if it comes. Out of the voted I will have to go for Cast for now as well as there hasn't been anything from him since the introduction. Vote Cast

View PostFener, on 04 September 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Too quiet today :D

Pallid my main problem with your case is; would a cool posting killer vote off the train when it was a seemingly good option to lynch, even if (or specially if) they thought it was their symp? Attracts attention and wouldn't do anything to stop the lynch from happening and that doesn't gel with the "playing cool and calculating" to me.

Earlier today I was leaning towards voting for you or cast today, and while cast has somewhat responded to my concerns about him you have totally ignored the ones I have for you.

For previously stated reasons and because there is a serious chance that the day will time out with this abysmal level of participation;

Vote Pallid

This is quite a reaction from Fener.

Pallid actually makes a contribution and gets a vote for it from Fener. It's like he hit a nerve. I also do not like the way he wants to focus on the people on the train. That's a small thing for me though, but Hanas gets my vote for fener's reaction to Pallid, regardless of whatever bull shit he spins.

Vote Hanas

Was Fener not looking at Cast?

Lets look

View PostFener, on 03 September 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Players that have actions that stand out

Pallid - low poster, hasn't contributed anything of substance but found the time to jump on the lynch train just a few minutes after it started, but was unwilling to start it himself

Cast - low poster, actively wants to lynch low posters for the first three days, waits for SPQR to defend himself but then votes without response or comment.

Note: I didn't quote every post from all players, a lot of it is Day 1 nonsense, quoted what I felt was relevant.

Out of the two people he mentioned he went for the one who made a case.

something smells and I want to investigate further...

Ok something inst sitting well with me here. Why do you say this first quote that you'd like to get players that are contributing and putting in effort for a while longer and then cast a vote for me later in your other quote. But the thing is your second quote is quoting everything that happened BEFORE your first quote. So why did you wait or what changed your mind when there is no new information that was given? Maybe you jsut needed time to look it through? But if so why even mention that youd like the ones that are putting in effort to get things rolling ( like I tried with the comment on Cast) and then start digging up info on me?

Also, at least I got Pallid out of the woodwork with my comments on Cast. Now we need some others. Trake, can you give us a roar? Cast can you give us a sarcastic comment or two? Or at least respond to my comments there that got us on this path.

#129 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

On phone right now, but reading over I really don't like Fener's nonchalance over Cast after initially highlighting them. Smacks of distancing.

Will post more and vote when I get home, but think right now I'd be happy to vote one of those two.

#130 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

It is Day 2. 3 hours and 1 minute remaining

7 Players still alive: Cast, Fener, Gait, Hanas, Merrid, Pallid, Trake

4 votes to lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Hanas ( Pallid, Merrid )
1 Vote for Pallid ( Fener )

Players not voted: Gait, Hanas, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#131 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

So what are people's thoughts anyway on lynching, what with Jalan's modkill? Personally I do not think it's worth calling that the lynch for the day, as there is some good basis in my view for a lynch (certainly more basis than there would ever have been for a Jalan lynch). If we had few other suspicions to go off of and if Jalan had been a good candidate I would say otherwise, but that's not the case.

Reading over Hanas, their defending of themselves speaks of mounting frustration, almost boiling over there at the end (I sense supreme effort to hold back the spam). I'm unsure whether this is frustration because they're town (I think currently that's more likely) or frustration because they thought they had been playing well as scum.

#132 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Yeah I also think postponing a lynch would just be worse of for town. And yeah I am frustrated. 3 hours to go and half the people did not comment and it looks like I might be voted off as I tried to get people talking, with not even receiving an answer to my first post against Cast. I will probably vote to lynch someone once i look over everything again.

Also, Path Shaper, I think you've missed Cast as a non vote.

#133 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

View PostHanas, on 04 September 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

Also, Path Shaper, I think you've missed Cast as a non vote.

Thanks. Mafia Manager didn't remove his vote from Jalan.

It is Day 2. 2 hours and 14 minutes remaining

Players not voted: Cast, Gait, Hanas, Trake

#134 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

Alright, so 1 h left and no significant changes, even though I consistency see users viewing this thread. I feel like we will have a situation like last time that will allow the the scum be off on the side and jumping on a vote train at the last with little interaction. At this point that is pretty much what will happen. My choice is to vote for Pallid and make it even with me at this point but at least he had some input here, and my gut says not to go for him. I would rather go with someone who has done nothing today.

View PostTrake, on 02 September 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

And I agree with that in principal, but pressure based on nothing nets just that much. It's why Day 1 lynches are, well, day 1 lynches.

I'd rather lynch a low poster than either of your votes right now, but of the two Jalan's has more merit.

View PostTrake, on 02 September 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

The big piece of bacon has a point.

This was Trakes last real interaction (that doesnt involve SPQR's name or saying how he will look into the thread later). He was also one that jumped on the SPQR slip. Going with what some agree that scum would jump on it and that scum might be and I think very well are taking the advantage of no serious posts I am going to go with him.

Vote Trake

#135 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

1 hour to go and so little traction on the lynch makes me feel more comfortable voting for you Hanas but you're frustratingly right that people like Trake should have had some thoughts on today.

I'll switch to get a lynch if we have the numbers.

#136 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

It is Day 2. 51 minutes remaining

1 Vote for Trake ( Hanas )

Players not voted: Cast, Gait, Trake

#137 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

We wont get numbers unless someone starts.

Last play. Alright since people are still unsure, I will reveal myself as Hesitant Vig. Dont know if anyone believe me but I probably have no choice. That means I am town. Now you guys have the choice of voting someone else and use me as an advantage if I am not night killed. Or you vote for me and two townies are gone. I can prove to be a Hesitant Vig by killing someone off that we can also consider together. You guys can lynch me if you decide I didn't deliver. Now also consider since town has an upper hand with a Hesitant Vig that there are probably 2 killers out there.

#138 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

It is Day 2. 27 minutes remaining

1 Vote for Trake ( Hanas )

Players not voted: Cast, Gait, Trake

#139 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

Ack, sorry, I thought I'd be around but got waylaid. Here now though.

View PostHanas, on 04 September 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

We wont get numbers unless someone starts.

Last play. Alright since people are still unsure, I will reveal myself as Hesitant Vig. Dont know if anyone believe me but I probably have no choice. That means I am town. Now you guys have the choice of voting someone else and use me as an advantage if I am not night killed. Or you vote for me and two townies are gone. I can prove to be a Hesitant Vig by killing someone off that we can also consider together. You guys can lynch me if you decide I didn't deliver. Now also consider since town has an upper hand with a Hesitant Vig that there are probably 2 killers out there.

What the hell's a Hesitant Vig?

#140 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Dude, we got like 8 minutes. I would rather have some kind of lynch than no lynch at all. I have no idea what a hesitant vig is supposed to be - I don't know if the oddity of that makes me more or less inclined to believe you (I guess that depends on what it turns out to be).

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users