Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What race is the Teblor? Question Thread

#1 User is offline   Jackson 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

I was just curious, as I have just started HoC (100 pages in), and was a bit confused on the part with Karsa and his group stumbling upon the cave with the mysterious writing. The writing mentioned that the T'lan Imass were hunting the Teblor down (long ago), and that Icarium had saved them by giving them guidlines and rules on how to live in isolation to survive. This information leads me to believe that the Teblor are Jaghut. When I look the Treblor up on the malazan wiki it says that they are Thelomen Toblakai, this makes sense since all the warrior seem to posses and inhuman like strength, cleaving through body parts easily with their bloodwood swords. I just need some clarification here. I'm a new reader by the way, and loving the series so far, Thanks.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 11 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

Read and find out. The book itself will tell you, you don't need outside sources.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

Get used to cryptic names being a bit explained several hundred pages later, and explained more several books later.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#4 User is offline   ComradeYurika 

• Recruit

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

It will all be explained by the time you reach the end of the first part of the book.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostJackson, on 11 August 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

... the cave with the mysterious writing. The writing mentioned that the T'lan Imass were hunting the Teblor down (long ago), and that Icarium had saved them by giving them guidlines and rules on how to live in isolation to survive. ...

I could have sworn it was humans, not T'lan Imass or even pre-Ritual Imass.... Anyone have some quote fu on this?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   ComradeYurika 

• Recruit

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostAbyss, on 11 August 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostJackson, on 11 August 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

... the cave with the mysterious writing. The writing mentioned that the T'lan Imass were hunting the Teblor down (long ago), and that Icarium had saved them by giving them guidlines and rules on how to live in isolation to survive. ...

I could have sworn it was humans, not T'lan Imass or even pre-Ritual Imass.... Anyone have some quote fu on this?

It was T'Lan Imass. I just checked the book.

"We were so few. Our blood was cloudy and would grow cloudier still. I saw the need to shatter what remained. For the T'Lan Imass were still close and much agitated and inclined to continue their indiscriminate slaughter." Right near the beginning of Chapter 2.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users