Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NBA Finals - 2014

#1 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

I haven't followed basketball the last 3 or so years nearly as much as I use to, but last night during Game 4 I found myself shouting 'whoop that ass', as the Spurs dominated the Heat.

I'm no Spurs fan by any account. In fact, in the past I've pulled against them heavily by many other teams in the playoffs throughout the past decade, but there's something about The Miami Heat, and Lebron James in particular, which I am starting to hate. I compare this hatred akin to the same hatred I developed for The New England Patriots and Tom Brady since around the 2003 , 2004 NFL seasons.

I guess it began with Lebron James leaving the Cavs with the mass media coverage of his 'Where will he go'. I can't blame him for wanting to go where he can get paid and win, but I don't have to like it, nor respect him for it, or even not think of him as a piece of shit....sorry, that's a bit harsh, but I digress.

I'm from the era of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls dynasty, and I hate it when people compare James to Jordan. The statistics do add up, and if The Heat keep winning championships, then James legacy could be cemented, especially if he passes Jordan in Titles.

This is where all this has lead to - back to why I was cheering for the Spurs to beat The Heat. I don't want to see Lebron win. I don't think he is the player Jordan was, and when he fails to lead his team to victories as Jordan was CLUTCH to do, then I am thrilled.

I hope The Spurs can hold off The Heat from coming back and winning, and I hope Lebron James continues to come up short in his attempts to be the modern era Jordan.

Go Spurs.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#2 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

It's clear to any expert eyes that LeBron is a far better player than Jordan. He is the most physically talented player ever and his skills on both sides of the ball are superior to almost everyone in the NBA.

However, the legacies are different and that's mostly what people are going to argue about. Jordan had better teams constructed around him and LeBron has run into perhaps the best team ever assembled in the Spurs this year. Not a big ding to me.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#3 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Thank you San Antonio for the lesson in team play, in a team sport.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users