• You cannot reply to this topic

K'Chain

#21 User is offline   Luperci 

• Not Bruce Wayne
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Fighting crime and hanging with my Butler

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:22 AM

How would the Sky Keeps like the one Rake commandeers play into this if the K'Chain were on the Moon? It seems more likely that they are/were living in these floating fortresses over the ocean somewhere. Since SE has changed some things around with KG becoming an actual landmass and not just a Warren it seems that our old Map of Wu with 7cities and places like Lether will look a little differently with these new areas taking shape. Of course I'm sure a planet that has two moons orbiting it is a rather large place so who knows.
The Harder the world, the fiercer the Honor.

-Dancer

#22 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostGorefest, on 25 September 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

If you mean in the Kharkanas trilogy, I doubt it to be honest. I suspect the trilogy won't reach all the way to the Andi-Edur betrayal at the end of the battle with the K'Chain after the crossing, and if I recall correctly that crossing was the very first time that the Tiste made contact with the K'Chain.

Didn't Udinas mention in Reaper's Gale that Silchas Ruin negotiated with the Short-tails? Thus implying previous interaction between Tiste and K'Chain had occured? Or maybe he just joined in the civil war and fought alongside them against the Long tailed K'Chain?
"I will live forever or die trying"

#23 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

When the Tiste 'crossed over' they ended up somehow fighting the Che'Malle. I believe the Che'Malle were at that point already at war with the Nahruk. So it would make sense for Silchas to liaise with the Nahruk as they share a common enemy. But really I might be way off and got the entire timeline wrong. Just sort of made sense to me at the time.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 16 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#24 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostGorefest, on 16 November 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

When the Tiste 'crossed over' they ended up somehow fighting the Che'Malle. I believe the Che'Malle were at that point already at war with the Nahruk. So it would make sense for Silchas to liaise with the Nahruk as they share a common enemy. But really I might be way off and got the entire timeline wrong. Just sort of made sense to me at the time.

Kallor's comment re the Chemalle's failed attempt to bring back the Nahruk and control them isn't clear on exactly when what happened, or even exactly what happened. It tells us that the Matrons brought back an old strain of Kchain, and then tried to enslave them to the hivemind and failed, resulting in a conflict between the new Nahruk and the Chemalle already on Malazanland.

The Tiste crossed over to Malazanland in multiple waves, and we know that Silchas and Scabby's wave went to war with the KChain.

As of the MT prologue the Nahruk appeared to still be working with the Chemalle, unless those skykeeps were there to attack both sides.... it's not clear, but the narrative states that the Andii were striking at the skykeeps and fighting Nahruk.

Of course its possible that Silch's efforts failed, or dealt with a different bunch of Nahruk from the ones on Leth.

Silch's actions are hard to figure out.... there's a suggestion that he allowed Scabby to backstab and Azath him to get out of the way and rest somewhere safe for a few millenia, which would imply that Silch was ok with his Andii followers being wiped out. That reflects someone practical enough to cut a deal with his enemy's enemy, but still allow his own people to fight them.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25 User is offline   Whiskey Mike 

• Recruit

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

As to the above post, that's exactly what I remember from somewhere in the series that Silchas wanted to be stabbed and welcomed the betrayal. I have no idea where or when in was stated. Can someone post the passage? I think alot of people missed that. I know my two friends did when I mentioned it at the time I read it.

#26 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

View PostAbyss, on 17 November 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Silch's actions are hard to figure out.... there's a suggestion that he allowed Scabby to backstab and Azath him to get out of the way and rest somewhere safe for a few millenia, which would imply that Silch was ok with his Andii followers being wiped out. That reflects someone practical enough to cut a deal with his enemy's enemy, but still allow his own people to fight them.

If I am looking at the right reference (Toll the Hounds, chapter 16), not only is that suggestion a theory, but the idea put forth is that Silchas' followers were going to be slaughtered by the Liosan, and the alliance with the Edur 'bought them' a little more time.

So less ok with his followers being whiped out so he could hide, and more willing to be imprisoned in an Azath and face that betrayal to buy his people some more time.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users