• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Bungie's FPS MMO

#901 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 04 October 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Ok so I’ve always liked the mystery of Toland and it was really cool when we 1st “met” him back when and back then I could actually understand wtf he was saying...not so this time. They have these weird little multi step thingies set up where you are speaking with “him” after some hikes but I ll be damned if I can understand what the motherfucker is saying!!! It’s so distorted and any background noise overloads the voice further distorting it. Fairly sure at one point they had captions when speech was going on. Eris is another...bitch starts talking in the middle of this strike at 2 separate points and action was popping off like crazy and I couldn’t make out much of the conversation. The Scarlet Keep strike is pretty fun though.

Why don’t you put the subtitles on?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#902 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 05 October 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Pretty sure they used to just be on there at some time. I’d still rather they tweaked toland up a bit.

Yeah, if you had subtitles on before you have to switch it on again after this update.

#903 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:33 AM

I think it's very doable even for a noob like me. I need another ten or so pulse riffle kills and I am good.

#904 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:53 AM

Remember not to cash in any iron banner tokens until the Thursday pinnacle fix.

I'm not playing any Iron Banner till Thursday evening.

#905 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 12 November 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

I’m 959 on this Warlock. A 899 Titan just shrugged off my melee zap. Why?

Warlock melees are really weak. Try throwing on Thundercoil from the artifact mods to give yourself a bit of a boost.

#906 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:02 AM

Unfortunately the Vex Offensive ends like it begun. Disappointingly. It's exactly the same mission just with a different boss.

Really weird that they'd build this up for there to be no real payoff.

#907 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:56 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 17 December 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

Wow I mean wow what a shit move. I just spent my horded silver. Atleast the 1st season had two items per lvl. I mean didn’t grab em when I unlocked anyway but now they down to 1 item and the page just looks blank as shit.

Just seems shitty.

That’s not true. The first season pass was exactly the same, it had two items per level only on some of the levels.

The Saint-14 mission is pretty cool. Takes a ton of dull filler quest steps to get to it though.

#908 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:39 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 18 December 2019 - 02:19 AM, said:

Mine had top and bottom clickables from lvls 1-100 unhelpful or unwanted as some where. This one doesn’t after lvl 20.

53 empty top slots.

I promise you it was the same. Why would they give you loot for every level in the free pass? It doesn’t incentivise buying the pass as much as only giving you stuff for some of the levels.

#909 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 May 2023 - 05:12 PM

I recently went back to this after being away from it for a few years...and the 'free to play' thing has WILDLY changed the demographics of who plays this game in PvP...like it feels like a CoD lobby now....filled with the sweatiest of sweats, and people with Adept markings and Immortal weapons (all on strand of course, cause of course they are). Like you'd get some teams and sweats looking to pub-stomp in Crucible before...but my gods...it's disgusting with them now. A mid-to-mid+ player like me (1.5-2 KD ratio) with a decent load out, and the right class bells and whistles...getting 20-24kills per match. (which used to be good) is now getting swept by sweats who run the map for 50kills. I gave it a whole week of play with this (which also happened to be Guardian Games week; so more people playing PvP than would otherwise do so to score whatever shit that required of them) and it was match after match of terrible matchmaking (GG Supremacy was unplayable due to the CBMM they changed it to...) where even with me getting a decent top score and playing how I always play...there was either a whole team of asshole sweats or just one guy who just boosted everyone to his level...and it was stomp after stomp. FFS one match they camped people at all the usual spawn points on that map so they could just hit you as you spawned. And even in matches we won, it was SO lumpy one-sided I was obviously on the team with a sweat or 2.

That week may have been the most insufferable week of gaming in a game I used to LOVE....that I've ever experienced. Hell it might be the worst experience I've had in like 40 years of video games entirely. The stress was doing my anxiety in.

I logged into reddit on a thread where others were talking about this stuff and the downvoting and nasty toxic nature of the replies was eye-opening. Like they were just like "Git Gud" or "You need to up your skill level, you won't do that by playing others who match your skill, you gotta go up against higher skilled players"!.....and no amount of explaining that I play video games to relax and enjoy penetrated their thick little skulls. A guy DMed me on there about it and explained that the Destiny Sub was overrun by people who think that if you can't play the game at THEIR skill level, you should not play the game at all...

But yeah, I play video games for fun and to relax, and Destiny in 2023 is simply NOT that. I feel no reward for collecting the weapon I wanted, or the armour I wanted....it's grind and sweats. fOr what? To get pub stomped in match after match by people who dedicate all their waking hours to this game?

That's gonna be a no for me dawg.

And that's me out of this game likely forever. I honestly thought if I came back and played it after such a break that it would be okay for a while. It wasn't. I was pissed off by like night 2.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 46 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users