Malazan Empire: Project: Adopt a chapter - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Project: Adopt a chapter Please help the wiki by writing one chapter summary. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jade Raven 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

I have been preparing this project for some time now. In an effort to complete the chapter summaries I have created a project page called "Adopt a chapter". I will now ask that, as many of you as are able to, to commit to writing one chapter summary each.

That's right, just one. This job is too big to do all at once. In about 3 months time I will put out another call to do another chapter each and so on, until it is complete.

However, if you want to do more than one chapter now then that's great!

To start with this is the project page. Go here and check which chapters are available. Once you've chosen a chapter, click [edit] on the project page and scroll to the bottom. Add a new line here with a link to your chosen chapter and your signature (there are buttons for each). {For most of the chapters when you click through you will see a page redirecting to another redlinked page. Just click through the redlink and start editing on that new page.}

At this point I should mention that you don't have to sign-up for a Wikia account to edit pages, but it helps a lot with tracking changes and fixing potential problems. The sign-up process is fairly painless.

Now, if you're interested but have never edited a wiki before then it's not much more difficult than using this forum. If you don't get the hang of linking, making headers or inserting templates then don't worry about that, someone will come along and fix it up sooner rather than later. Just getting down the summary text is the main thing.

To assist you there are examples and notes (including a checklist for completion) on the project page. If you still have questions try leaving a message on one of the talk pages or posting here. Alternatively check out the [Help] or [Policy] categories.

Once you have completed a chapter you can try editing the table to change the square's colour if you feel game enough, otherwise shift your chapter link and name under the completed column and I will update the table as required.

Those chapters that are marked as unfinished at the moment have been recently transferred from the old PB wiki and are mostly just awaiting formatting. You can try completing these if you feel you know what you are doing. Thank you to all those who completed chapter summaries on the old wiki!

Why the name ''Adopt'' a chapter? Well I hope that you would take this opertunity to help expand the articles that you link to from that chapter. In this way the wiki can grow more organically. If you decide to do this then starting with the more obscure pages would perhaps be easiest.

Now, what's your favourite chapter? Write a summary!

I am an Admin at the Malazan Wiki. [ malazan.wikia.com ]

#2 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

As a Newbie to the whole editing stuff, may I add a trick to the 'how to edit' tips...

I find a page which already features what I am after. Then I bring up the edit page and copy the codes across. Does not always work but if you make sure you use the preview, you keep on tweaking until it looks right. Preview may also give you specific prompts if you are missing part of a code. Start with the simple stuff and work your way up!

Another reason to sign up rather than edit ad-hoc... once you have signed up, you can get rid of the adverts by changing your preferences to monobook. Definitely worth it.

And if you really don't want to get into editing... just write the summaries and throw them at any one of the regular contributors for posting!

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'll take on the first four B&KB novellas. I want to re-read them sometime this year, anyways. What the heck, toss in Goats of Glory, too, I only ever read that once after it came out and could use a re-read of it, too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users