Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My questions

#1 User is offline   Hazmandoo 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

So, I've finished The Bonehunters and already started Reapers Gale. I loved The Bonehunters, it was a different kind of book to the others in that rather than 22 chapters of suspense and build up followed by 2 chapters of mayhem it was pretty damn relentless in it's intensity. My questions for you veterans are:

1/ I don't fully understand the situation with the Moon. I get that Morgana used some magic relating to the Moon in order to heal Mappo and then there are many references after to people all over the world saying how different it's looking but I don't recall if this was ever concluded somehow other than "the moon is looking wierd".

2/ This may be connected but I also don't fully understand the whole sequence with the meteors. Who sent them? Was it connected to the Crippled God or just a random phenomenom. I get that Hood/Paran saved everyone but I don't really get why or how it happened in the first place.

3/ This also may be connected but is Heboric alive now? So Cutter got him close enough to Otateral Island to bring back some conciousness but he wasn't saved from the ocean afaik.

4/ What was Oppons deal in Malaz city? They seemed placed rather randomly, I don't recall any events that would be attributed to them rather than other causes. Even Corabb was largely redundant in that section of the book. Fiddler drew them out in his game which pissed them off but why? How?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

1&2) The moon is looking strange not (solely?) because of Mogara's magic but because of the jade comets in the Heboric storyline. Try to piece it together. You won't have the whole story for your #2 though, it's a RAFO moment.

3) It is connected, it's complicated, and there's elements of RAFO there too.

4) Don't remember those details, sorry.

Ultimately, my answer to your first three questions in general is that it is okay to be confused right now, to feel like you don't have the whole story (because you don't), and these events continue to be touched upon.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users