• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Black Sails

#21 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

I'm liking the season so far. Last season had highs and lows, pretty good average for me.

The Flint reveal you mentioned Briar King, I wasn't expecting in a million years. They really did the misdirection well and just because I never even saw a hint of it coming I liked it. Too many shows are too predictable.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

Only fours eps into S2, but loving the Flint v Vane thing.
And just so we're clear BK, the goat lies.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 March 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

Holy SHIT ep 17 exploded in rivers of blood!

Ya looking forward to yet another season finale this week. So many shows are building up hardcore to the season finale... Great television, but it's going to make me sad to wait a year for the show to come back :whistle:

There was a certain death this last episode that I just wasn't expecting either... a "woah, did that just happen?" moment.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#24 User is offline   Rictus 

• Captain

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostBriar King, on 22 February 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

Ummm ok..........that Capt. Flint reveal was kinda out there. I wasn't a fan of that

Just finished Ep. 5 -- holy shit, that was unpleasant. Obfuscation all over the place.
I love this show (mainly for the music and ships) and don't believe I've seen anything like it in years. I am catching up on the new season now, having blasted through the first one in two days.Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

I thought this season was meh. Not better then season 1 for sure, imo.

So, with the events that transpired, I guess power and influence on New Providence shifts to the madam of the brothel?

And now John Silver has one of his identifying physical characteristics. How long before they add the eye patch and a parrot on his shoulder to complete the look?

Black Beard is coming in season 3, so that is enough for me to stick with it. I hope they do better next season.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
And for you sappy romance lovers, you get your Outlander back in the time slot Black Sails filled. Pace yourselves, kay? Stay hydrated and lots of vitamin e, zinc and magnesium if you're really going to go for it.Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

Ya, great season finale. I too felt season 2 stepped up from season 1. I was losing interest at one point in season 1, season 2 had me the whole ride.

haha, after that finale I had the irresistible urge to play some AC:black flag.

#27 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

Just watched episode one... we were looking for something to fill the gap now we've caught up with Vikings.

I'm a bit underwhelmed so far.. It really doesn't have the grubby realism factor that I like so much with Vikings, it all looks like a lot of contemporary actors on a tidy set. Even Hornblower and Sharpe look better and they're getting on a bit now.

The story so far seems ok, although all the tits and swearing seemed a bit like a lame effort to get some attention, and whatshername seemed very out off place - I doubt she would last five minutes in a place like that.

Will probably watch the second one, but not overexcited about it yet.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 April 2015 - 07:00 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#28 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostTraveller, on 06 April 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Just watched episode one... we were looking for something to fill the gap now we've caught up with Vikings.

I'm a bit underwhelmed so far.. It really doesn't have the grubby realism factor that I like so much with Vikings, it all looks like a lot of contemporary actors on a tidy set. Even Hornblower and Sharpe look better and they're getting on a bit now.

The story so far seems ok, although all the tits and swearing seemed a bit like a lame effort to get some attention, and whatshername seemed very out off place - I doubt she would last five minutes in a place like that.

Will probably watch the second one, but not overexcited about it yet.

I don't know how much of this thread you've read if you're trying to avoid spoilers. But I and BK at least have chimed in that we felt Season 1 was pretty lackluster, season two much better draw. I kind of forced my way through season one, wasn't quite bad enough to give up on, had some good moments. Season two I was actually looking forward to watching each episode. Anxiously awaiting Season 3 now!

#29 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

Ya, been seeing teasers for it. Need to do a review or rewatch the finale to catch myself up.

#30 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

phew! Caught up on the current season. This season is going well :D Liking it so far!

#31 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 27 March 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

Really enjoyed this season! Nice finale!! I was shocked the epi before that though.

Ya. it's funny:
Spoiler

Good show.

#32 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

haven't even started S3 but looking fwd to marathoning it.

#33 User is offline   Kruppe'sStainedClothing 

• Recruit

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:49 AM

finale was incredible

that last scene gave me the chills

the whole fireside chat and the way they told the story of the episode was phenomenal as well

#34 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Not looking good for the pirates at the end of last night's episoe :p
Should definetely make for good watching though

#35 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

Damn. I look fwd to marathoning seasons 3 and 4 in the near future.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users