Malazan Empire: On the reread - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On the reread on Mother Dark and more vapid matters...possible spoilers

#1 User is offline   Phere 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Watching my two-year-old develop and explore his world (children are the ultimate scientists!), reading, hiking, gaming
  • The owls are not what they seem.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

Hello! First, I want to say (to anyone who has watched HBO's 'Deadwood' and likewise grieved at its early and unnecessary demise) that I can NOT watch Ian McShane (Swearengen) without constantly envisioning Gruntle. His power, strength, and compassion is evident in every breath and step - what a perfect role for him in my "Never, Ever, Ever To Be Made" Malazan movie.
Also, the first TWO rereads I did not get that Baudin was Hood's servant in regards to the Mhybe.

In regards to Silverfox and the Mhybe, maybe such utter grief, loss, and devastation could have been avoided if Silverfox had only answered "Not yet." to the T'lann Imass instead of "No.". Why did she have to be so cold and removed from both her T'lan Imass and her mohter?

Also, I'm still not getting the whole story of Mother Dark and her warren - It sounds more myth than fact. Is it a combination? I'm only on book 7.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

#2 User is offline   Felisin Fatter 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

The Kharkanas trilogy goes into that. What I can say for now is: whatever happened, happened a really long time ago. It is filtered through so many millenia of history that even the facts have become myth. Which of those myths are (in one way or another) true is a whole different question.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users