Malazan Empire: RECRUIT NEEDED! replacement player for Eclipse - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RECRUIT NEEDED! replacement player for Eclipse Imperial Historian, PhD is off on an adventure < 8 days

#1 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

We desperately need a replacement player for the current Eclipse game. Our scheduled player is not going to be able to take over.

Game will last approximately another two months. Lots of hand holding, help, and consideration is promised by all your fellow players. Some of them even mean it. :)

We promise not to lie,cheat, backstab, mislead, or otherwise harm your chances of enjoying the game. The fact that 7 of your 8 fellow players are mafia addicts does not in any way detract, spindle, mutilate, modify, invalidate, or alter those promises. It's sheer coincidence. We promise.

And we've not lied to you yet have we?

#2 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

The game consists of an initial release, 3 minor upgrades, one major upgrade.

Rules are mostly clearly understandable and come in two pdf scans of the rulebook from Eclipse and Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients.

The Caligula, Machiavelli, Dzerzhinsky, Mao, and Cheney variants are not in use!!!

#3 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

How urgent is it, roughly how much time/consistency does it require, and what's happening over Christmas etc?

It's my exams at the moment, but I'll be done by mid next week (also factor in that I'm not going to be able to read the rules etc till then, and probably will be doing stuff post-exams with friends for a couple of days at least, then I'm not sure I'm realistically free until a little before Christmas).

In terms of time, I'm usually good for a lot of time/activity when I'm around (as I'm sure the mafia players are aware), but that can be in erratic bursts, so if you need someone guaranteed to be around daily or on a regular timeframe I'm probably not your best bet, since I often don't get on for a day or two while visiting friends etc (and it's my holidays in January so I'll probably be doing stuff reasonably regularly).

I'm game if none of the above is an issue. I've been been considering playing for a bit anyhow but it looks pretty complicated and I've not had much time (especially due to mafia). A game with handholding (yippee!) might be just the thing.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#4 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

I think vengy has folded and decided to join us.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#5 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

I am willing to give it a go. My usual mafia stipulations apply.

Don't expect me to post or look or care if it is the weekend.

I will trust you only when I am standing over your cold lazer shredded corpse.

:) Happy to give it a shot. Also I won't have to load any software to look at work. Cause that is why I don't play diplomacy.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostGrief, on 14 December 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

How urgent is it, roughly how much time/consistency does it require, and what's happening over Christmas etc?

It's my exams at the moment, but I'll be done by mid next week (also factor in that I'm not going to be able to read the rules etc till then, and probably will be doing stuff post-exams with friends for a couple of days at least, then I'm not sure I'm realistically free until a little before Christmas).

In terms of time, I'm usually good for a lot of time/activity when I'm around (as I'm sure the mafia players are aware), but that can be in erratic bursts, so if you need someone guaranteed to be around daily or on a regular timeframe I'm probably not your best bet, since I often don't get on for a day or two while visiting friends etc (and it's my holidays in January so I'll probably be doing stuff reasonably regularly).

I'm game if none of the above is an issue. I've been been considering playing for a bit anyhow but it looks pretty complicated and I've not had much time (especially due to mafia). A game with handholding (yippee!) might be just the thing.

View PostVengeance, on 14 December 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

I am willing to give it a go. My usual mafia stipulations apply.

Don't expect me to post or look or care if it is the weekend.

I will trust you only when I am standing over your cold lazer shredded corpse.

:) Happy to give it a shot. Also I won't have to load any software to look at work. Cause that is why I don't play diplomacy.

Part of this depends upon how much time IH has to fill you in on his strategy and how much your enthusiasm waivers after reading the rules. :p

I am the boss only in so far as I make the maps. So my opinion on this is strictly my opinion. But I'm leaning towards letting the two of you team play it. With off thread comms JUST for you two. No one else is using off thread contact.

Let's see what the others have to say.

#7 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

And thank you both.

#8 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

First place to start: D'rek's posts inthis thread.

You can safely ignore the short section on 'exploration'. We're done with that for this game.

Here's a group of helpful summaries and such that the fine people over at www.boardgamegeek.com have compiled.

Eclipse_infocards
Attached File  Eclipse_infocards copy.pdf (6.43MB)
Number of downloads: 5

Eclipse_Player_Aid
Attached File  Eclipse_Player_Aid_-_Back_PJP_(v1) copy.pdf (2.39MB)
Number of downloads: 4

Eclipse_Species_Cards
Attached File  Eclipse_Species_Cards_(PJP_v2) copy.pdf (3.73MB)
Number of downloads: 5

Eclipse_rules_summary - This is a 4 page text summary that is fairly good.

Attached File  Eclipse_rules_summary_v2 copy.pdf (58.29K)
Number of downloads: 2

A small file of a scan of the rules for the base game

Attached File  Eclipse_rules_EN_light.pdf (3.68MB)
Number of downloads: 2

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 14 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users