• You cannot reply to this topic

My reread - questions, analysis, theories Spoilers for everything

#21 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostKanese S, on 21 July 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostPLUGO, on 14 July 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

Just finished my Re-Read of FOD wow so much to process.

First thoughts . . .

I assumed the Azathenai & the Jag Hut are equally powerful and basically kept out of each other's way particularly after Jag hut society collapsed. They both seemed to spend their immortality creating lesser races, who now thanks to Kr'ul have begun to ascend into true power themselves. Burn among the Dog Runners and Mother Dark among the Tiste. I figured that's why Draconus was appalled both by the murder of a Jag Hut (had any of them been known to die before this?) and his connection to that murder.

I'm wondering if Draconus's plan with gifting the gate of darkness to the Tiste is a means of securing their future. His reaction to Krul making magic available to all beings beyond the Azathenai & the Jag Hut is to lay claim to darkness, presumably his realm of influence, in the name of the Tiste. For some reason he didn't consider that Errastas would be inspired by the both Draconus & Krul and use blood magic to try an claim an area of influence for himself.

Wild Idea: I occasionally wondered if Malice would end up being Kettle and the events depicted here are actually happening in the distant past upon the continent of Lether.

Holy shit I hadn't even considered that for Malice. I mean, might not be true. But it would be awesome.

Oh I consider that Malice theory a reach. It's just this idea of her somehow finding redemption but my jaw would drop if it was even answered, much-less true. One of the things I admire about this series is how questions can lead to more questions rather than just answers.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users