Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Korya, Orfantaln and Korlat

#1 User is offline   Kaiedos 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

I finished FoD a while ago and I started thinking about how some of the characters have different names between FoD and MBotF. For example, Scara Bandaris and Scabandari Bloodeye. So then I wondered if Korlat and Korya were the same person. I know a lot of people on this forum suspect that Korya and Arathan connect to Quick Ben somehow. But aren't Korlat and Orfantal brother and sister? If so, Korya couldn't possibly be Korlat. Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

Kaiedos, on 23 November 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

But aren't Korlat and Orfantal brother and sister? If so, Korya couldn't possibly be Korlat. Thoughts?

I'm thinking you answered your own question!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

the name from korya that people are connecting to quick ben is 'delath' since it could easily be changed to or even just pronounced 'delat'
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   Luperci 

• Not Bruce Wayne
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Fighting crime and hanging with my Butler

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Sinisdar Toste, on 26 November 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

the name from korya that people are connecting to quick ben is 'delath' since it could easily be changed to or even just pronounced 'delat'

For me I think this is way to simple an answer for SE to give us when he kept so much of the mystery around QUick in MBOTF unanswered. My guess is QB or one of those souls in him may relate to Korya or to the name Delath somehow,but my question is where does the name Delath come from? Isn't Korya related to the Drukorlat household? If Drukorlat is her real surname where does the Delath stem from? Is it possible it was given to her by her Jaghut mentor? I think that if this is made clear (relationship btw QB and the Andii) then it probably won't be explain till later in the series if it all, we know SE likes to leave a little mystery in the series why stop now?
The Harder the world, the fiercer the Honor.

-Dancer

#5 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

It's possible Delath is a branch of the Drukorlat family, in the way Faror Hend is part of the Durav family but belongs to a family branch and hence is not named Durav. That's what I thought, anyway.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users