Malazan Empire: Shurq's headdress - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shurq's headdress

#1 User is offline   Duikers'Ghost 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:physics, math, basketball, fire, beer...etc.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

I apologize in advance because I dont have the book so I cant quote it exactly, but....towards the end when Shurq, and Iron Bars, et. al are standing around after they (Iron Bars) defeated the Toblakai gods, Kettle says something to the affect of "I like it in your forehead" and Shurq says something and then it says that she was relieved that no one noticed what she said or something. Then the mage asks Iron Bars if something was important or something like that and he nods and then that ends the scene. I couldn't figure out exactly what happened there. As you will recall, Shurq fell and had an "iron bar" sticking through her skull and she had that one lady fix it for her and cover the hole with some kind of gem. Clearly there is a connection between the guy named Iron Bars and the iron bar in her head, but I dont really get the point. What did I miss?
res ipsa loquitor

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

You have to go back to a chapter opener quote in GotM and refers, sideways, to the Ritual that created the Crimson Guard and their 'aspects', which tend to follow their natures. Logically tho never stated, Iron Bars is aspected to iron... and since he, like any good mercenary, is always trying to get a leg up, Shurq represents a perfect opportunity to do so and commune with his aspect. Among IB's various talents is ventriloquism (there's a fast reference to this in MT just before he fights Rhulad) and Kettle's comment is actually IB trying to put Shurq in a good mood. Of course, i may have made all this up and there is no connection whatsoever.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Duikers'Ghost 

• Sergeant
  • Interests:physics, math, basketball, fire, beer...etc.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

wow...i think i missed a lot then...i dont even remember the Crimson Guard being mentioned in GotM. However, your explanation would certainly seem to make sense...I would believe it! ^_^ thanks for your input.
res ipsa loquitor

#4 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

I didn't get the crimson guard stuff from GoTM until I re-read it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users