Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shield Device Request!

#1 User is offline   Konrad von Hilton 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hey everyone! I literally discovered this whole forum 10 minutes ago, so I apologise if I'm in the wrong spot.

But anyway, I have a request to make. Pretty much what it says in the title. I need an image to use as a device on a shield I'm building. For context, I play Nerf regularly with a bunch of people where I live (Sydney). One of our game types is based off of the video game Team Fortress; ie there are a bunch of classes which each have their own load outs and special abilities. We are put into two teams and play King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, etc.
The class I play, and am the best at, is Warden. Essentially, I run around with a shield, foam sword and pistol. It's amazing fun. But I'm tired of borrowing other people's shields, and so I'm building my own, and want to paint an image from the Malazan world on it.

For images, I would prefer something from the Malazan Empire itself, ie something similar to the Imperial Sigil in the banner above, or the flag device used by the 7th. However, if there is a really cool device you know of, or would like to draw, from one of the many other forces or nations, I'd love that too!

Detailed colouring isn't necessary, the simpler it is the better, since I'm not the world's best painter. The shield itself is a roman style legionnaire shield, rectangular, slightly curved, with acrylic at the top and bottom to act as a vision slit, and to plant it in the ground. So there's plenty of room. There may or may not be a shield boss, depending on the device. Size of the image doesn't really matter either, I can blow it up to the size I want when I paint it on.

I have already spent this afternoon scouring Google images and tumblr, and haven't really found anything that made me go 'wow, I want that one', so any help would be appreciated!

For added context, here's a video of a game. I'm behind the green/silver shield: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sCxMN9ZuqgI

This post has been edited by Konrad von Hilton: 28 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users