Malazan Empire: Student concepting Anomander Rake, Shadowthrone and tattersail - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Student concepting Anomander Rake, Shadowthrone and tattersail

#21 User is offline   Onrack 

• Captain
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

MMMMMmmmmmmm delicious, awesome concepts an sculpts dude I wish I had taken being a student this seriously I might have learned something. Wicked, wicked stuff though.

#22 User is offline   Jordy Knoop 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Art, Drumming, Sculpting, Reading, Fitness, Skateboarding, Painting

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hey Guys!

Been a while since I last posted here. Sorry for dissapearing! I've been going through a bit of a personal slump over the last year. Got a burn out and lost the passion in art due to too much work on my plate from school, freelance and being way too stressfull about my work. So i've been hiding in a cave figuring out what i want to do and getting back in touch with what I like doing. Nothing too depressing since it's all good revelations and insights that come out of these moments of slight depression. I'm almost done with The Bonehunters and have fallen more in love with the Malazan world. Still very commited to get these characters done and hope this time I won't dissapear and i can stay rejoiced in putting out some Malazan art. Looking back at my work on Anomander I see how i got most of it quite wrong since at the time I was mostly basing it off my first impression of Gardens of the moon, too many generic fantasy cliches. I have decided to completely redo him but first I wanted to start with a clean sleeve and do another character. Initially I announced I was going to be doing tattersail but at the time i didn't realize she was fat so I have changed my school assignment to entail Kilava Onass instead.

Hereby I am presenting some concepts for Kilava. I am not too confident that this is what I'm going for so I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. I've been trying to find some descriptions on mortal imass but finding proper character descriptions in Erikson's books is such a pain in the ass. I read in the Mortal Imass art thread a part about Onrack wearing yellow ochre paint so I might try some tattoos out. I expect to jump into zbrush the coming days and sculpt her head. See if i can get the neanderthaler feel in while capturing her beauty.

Oh and thanks for the comments guys they help a lot!

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   GenKael 

• Recruit
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Nerd books, drawing, damsels, grog

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

I really like the 3rd one, but maybe without the bandage/wraps at the boots and arms. I also like the cloak feel of the animal skin on the 2nd one. All are great starts.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users