Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finished my re-read A few questions

#1 User is offline   Maester 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

Personally, after my re-read tBH is now my favorite novel in the series, but as always I have questions.

1. While traveling via Shadow Realm in Erhlitan, Curdle and Telorast mention a "delicious throne." what throne are they talking about? I got the feeling they were talking about the Empty Throne, since Apsalar seemed to be traveling through a shadow of Lether at that point.

2. What struck Malaz Harbor? It seemed odd that after Hood and Paran stopped the meteorites from destroying the planet, that some random piece would come and strike right next to Malaz City.

3. Laseen. I understood her motivations in persecuting the Wickans, and the populace needing food. I even understood that she was trapped in a corner by Rel, and Dom, but how did that translate into her trying to kill Tavore? Was it Rel who was attempting to kill her? This confused me the most.

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

1. I think the Empty Throne might be related to Shadow (in fact actual Emurlahn)...there's some hint in a reading from Feather Witch in MT, though it's obviously mysteriously worded and inconclusive. Someone just mentioned it in the MT forum in fact, more focused on the Empty Hold: http://forum.malazan...ker-empty-hold/
2. It's Legana Breed that "strikes" the harbor, I think. Maybe?
3. I think it was Rel who was doing it. At this point he's dominant in the Claw, which is really one of the, if not the, main ways Rel has her cornered.

More detailed and precise answers to come from others, I have no doubt.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

I haven't read it in a while, and Laseen is as big a mystery as ever, but if you read those moments between her and Tavore as not only a plea for herself, but for the safety of Tavore as well (as in, I can no longer protect you and you will not make it out of Malaz City alive if you go), then there's even more tragedy in that scene where Tavore refuses her. That Laseen is ultimately wrong doesn't get mitigated too much either, given what happens to Kalam and T'amber.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Maester 

• Recruit

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Worry!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users