Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The K'chain Che'malle ritual

#1 User is offline   greySnow 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

On the verge of their extinctions the K'chain Che'malle matrons performed a ritual that would annihilate Mother Dark. Quote:

~~~
'Kaschan sorcery,' Fear said after a time, 'is born of sounds our ears cannot hear, formed into words that loosen the bindings that hold all matter together, that hold it to the ground. Sounds that bend and stretch light, as a tidal inflow up a river is drawn apart at the moment of turning. With this sorcery, they fashioned fortresses of stone that rode the sky like clouds. With this sorcery, they turned Darkness in upon itself with a hunger none who came too close could defy, an all devouring hunger that fed first and foremost upon itself.' His voice was strangely muted as he spoke. 'Kaschan sorcery was sent into the warren of Mother Dark, like a plague. Thus was sealed the gate from Kurald Galain to every other realm. Thus was Mother Dark driven into the very core of the Abyss, witness to an endless swirl of light surrounding her – all that she would one day devour, until the last speck of matter vanishes into her. Annihilating Mother Dark. Thus the Kaschan, who are long dead, set upon Mother Dark a ritual that will end in her murder. When all Light is gone. When there is naught to cast Shadow, and so Shadow too is doomed to die.' (MT UK mmpb, p.139)

'When Scabandari Bloodeye discovered what they had done, it was too late. The end, the death of the Abyss, cannot be averted. The journey of all that exists repeats on every scale, brothers. From those realms too small for us to see, to the Abyss itself. The Kaschan locked all things into mortality, into the relentless plunge towards extinction. This was their vengeance. An act born, perhaps, of despair. Or the

fiercest hatred imaginable. Witness to their own extinction, they forced all else to share that fate.' - (MT UK mmpb, p.139)
~~~

OK, there are a lot of things that I didn't understood here. (I find it to be one of the most confusing paragraph thus far)

1. Kaschan- is it the K'chain Che'malle's warren? if not, whose?
2. What exactly is Kaschan's aspect? It seems to be something with...unhearable sounds? What is the meaning of that? And, does it have something to do with Chaos? Because, I must tell, the whole part about "loosen the bindings that hold all matter together" and "an all devouring hunger that fed first and foremost upon itself" seems quite similar. Although, It also say "that hold it to the ground" so maybe not a matter- destroying aspect but gravity aspect, could I be right? If so, and the Kaschan's aspect is mainly gravity, so it quite explain the whole float- fortresses thing. But what it has to do with unheard sounds and binding light?

3. What exactly the matrons did to mother dark? How "witness to an endless swirl of light surrounding her – all that she would one day devour, until the last speck of matter vanishes into her" will " Annihilating Mother Dark"? and how exactly this fuel sorcery seaeld the gate to Kurald Galain?

4. What is the meaning of "Shadow too is doomed to die"? Something to do with Kurald Emurlahn?

5 The last and biggest question:" The end, the death of the Abyss, cannot be averted": why? and even if Abyss is to be destroyed, why "The Kaschan locked all things into mortality, into the relentless plunge towards extinction"? I mean, it seems like the Matrons somehow started a process that would destroy ALL existence? Really?! How?

Well, if someone here would explain me all this...chaos , I would be more than happy :)

This post has been edited by greySnow: 02 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Please excuse any misspellings. Feel free to correct me at private message.

#2 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

This is one of those where for our own mental peace, it is better we forgot about it :-)

Kaschan is just the Edur name for K'Chain Che'malle' as in.

Trull saw Kaschan, the feared ancient enemies of the Edur, reptilian snouts and gleaming fangs.

We have to note that this Fear's recounting of a myth. SE has used this device before where essentially a myth (just like real myths) could be wrong, could be mostly wrong with some kernel of truth or basically just mumbo jumbo (i.e. unexplainable at that point of time). What I am saying is that SE could use this device and leave this Kaschan ritual forever unexplained.

It is also possible that SE gave us a preview of something in the future but may have changed his mind later and basically abandoned this storyline.

Having said all that, I will make some guesses at what SE intended.

1. Kaschan- is it the K'chain Che'malle's warren? if not, whose?

Kaschan is Edure speak for K'chain Che'malled''
The Kaschan warren is actually
Spoiler

2. What exactly is Kaschan's aspect? It seems to be something with...unhearable sounds? What is the meaning of that? And, does it have something to do with Chaos? Because, I must tell, the whole part about "loosen the bindings that hold all matter together" and "an all devouring hunger that fed first and foremost upon itself" seems quite similar. Although, It also say "that hold it to the ground" so maybe not a matter- destroying aspect but gravity aspect, could I be right? If so, and the Kaschan's aspect is mainly gravity, so it quite explain the whole float- fortresses thing. But what it has to do with unheard sounds and binding light?

My guess is that this is not a "sound" wave but more of a generic wave. Maybe a Gravitational Wave

3. What exactly the matrons did to mother dark? How "witness to an endless swirl of light surrounding her – all that she would one day devour, until the last speck of matter vanishes into her" will " Annihilating Mother Dark"? and what exactly this fuel sorcery seaeld the gate to Kurald Galain?

It seems to me that what he is describing is a Gravitational Collapse
Mother Dark herself could be Dark Matter

I really dont know much about the physics but I do know that SciFi/Fantasy is not science and we have to read it for entertainment and not look for perfection of logic (or anything else)

This would have been a good question to ask but nobody did. In all likelihood SE would probably not answer it.
http://www.tor.com/b...tides-questions

#3 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

nacht, on 02 September 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Kaschan is Edure speak for K'chain Che'malled''
The Kaschan warren is actually
Spoiler

Where do you get that idea?
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

#4 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

It was based on this TCG quote, but I might be misreading it.

Spoiler

Also, this DoD quote

Spoiler

@greySnow
If you read the series till TCG there might be another thread that could be of intrest

#5 User is offline   Felisin Fatter 

• Captain

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

What Fear describes, sounds like the popular science version of a black hole. That would indeed end the whole of existence, but it wouldn't take very long. I'd say it's a case of the Edur having pretty deteriorated origin myths. I do wonder who made up this version of the myth, it has some pretty fascinating concepts for a tribal culture like these Edur.

#6 User is offline   breetlee6666 

• Recruit

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

The Errant states that his aspect gives him a predilection for poignancy, or something to that effect. The Errant is pretty darn close to being interchangeable for "the author." The deaths of Kuru Qan and especially Brys Beddict are fine Shakespearean pathos. After supreme displays of both sorcery and swordsmanship, each is brought low by other means. The archetype of the kindly, absent old genius is very appealing, but in truth we know little about him except that he is the lynchpin of a corrupt empire. We'll never know if he truly intended or could have carried out the genocide that Fear and Trull feared, but they did the only thing they f

_________________________________________________________ We provide guarantee to pass Pass4sure VCP550 gmat with online exam ccnp syllabus training itil and you can also get best quality Palm Beach Atlantic University mcat along with Northwestern University mcat for your guaranteed success.
elt they could do.

This post has been edited by breetlee6666: 27 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

ahsan

#7 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

Very eloquent, but perhaps not the right topic thread?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users