Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kallor

#1 User is offline   Bentract 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

I noticed something in HoC and figured it was a good idea to come here and see if any of my theory sticks.

There is an interaction between Febryl and Kamist Reloe that reminded me of Kallor for some reason.
Febyrl says "The First Empire of Dessimbelackis, Kamist Reloe, was not the first. That belonged to the T'lan Imass. There was little, it is true, that you or I might recognize as being ... imperial. No cities. No breaking of ground to plant crops or irrigate. And its armies were undead. There was a throne, of course, upon which was meant to sit a mortal - the progeny race of the T'lan Imass. A human. Alas, humans viewed empire ... differently. And their vision did not include T'lan Imass. Thus, betrayal. Then war. An unequal contest, but the T'lan Imass were reluctant to anihilate their mortal children. And so they left."

Now I remember from Deadhouse Gates the scenes of battle between T'lan Imass and Soletaken but I was led to believe that was a result of Dessimbelackis and his actions as first emperor. It seems as if Febryl is discussing some war prior to that between pure humans who sought to control the T'lan Imass and the T'lan Imass themselves. So it got me thinking. And it's hard to read the words "empire" and "betrayal" in MBotF and not think of Kallor. Was Kallor one of the first humans to sit upon the throne of the T'lan Imass? or am I completely wrong. I know Kallor loves betraying people and sitting on thrones plus it could add to the reasoning behind his fear of Silverfox. Not only would he fear the night of cold nights but he would also be afraid of the repercussions of a gathering of T'lan Imass considering they might recognize him and beat the crap out of him.

#2 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Kallor is a tricky subject to talk about within the confines of House of chains.

Lets see:

Kallor is indeed very long lived. He originated during the time of K'rul, Draconus and Nightchill. He is partly responsible for the Crippled God and I find that ironic because of events later on in the series. I suspect the throne of the T'lan Imass must be somewhere in the Imperial warren because Kellenved knew that Warren better than anyone and Kellenved was by no coincidence the last recognizable Ruler of the T'lan Imass. Also possible spoi...nevermind:

*snip* self-modded. Thats right y'all, it's a thing. :D

It would stand to reason that Kellenved deemed the imperial warren the domain of the empire because in many ways it is linked. I agree with you on that. Yes, very likely Kallor was at one point the Human sitting on the Imass throne leading to the schism Febryl is talking about. Also it would explain why it would be difficult for anyone to find the Imass throne. And it would explain Kallors longevity due to access to particularly privallaged information.

Gentlemans clap to one of the most mindblowing first posts in history.

This post has been edited by Dolmen+: 17 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

It's far from unthinkable.

Strictly looking at what we know as of HoC, I doubt the Kallor link to the First Throne, but the notion that his is the empire the Tlan refused to destroy is fascinating.

Neat theory.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users