Malazan Empire: Bauchelain and Korbal Broach origin? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bauchelain and Korbal Broach origin? (Another Assail Theory)

#1 User is offline   Grimjazz 

• Old Guard
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

So I'm on my second read of the series and I'm getting very excited for ICE's forth coming Assail novel. I'm posting in the MoI forum though because the odd thing I picked up on cuomes from this book. The evidence for them being from Assail is convincing enough for me to agree that I belive their from Assail. The minor evidence I picked up on in MoI is brittle at best but I just kept noticing that the word assailed was used in a lot of scenes with the necromantic duo. This may just be me reading way too much into it plus I was looking for evidence of an Assail link. I was just wondering if the use of the word in some of the scenes was on a subconscious level by SE.

Plus Silverfox and T'lan imass leaving for the continent and with that being such an important part of this book I can't see SE leaving no other links to the deadly continent in this book.
'I am going to beat a god senseless.'

#2 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

I have always thought that they were among the Soletaken that escaped the carnage of the Human First Empire after the ritual. Probably not, if Steve even remembers or ever had a thought on the subject ;p

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Reading Blood and Bone suggested to me that Bauchelin could have originated from the Thaumaturges schools. He seems to have the same ruthlessly academic look on human suffering.

#4 User is offline   Grimjazz 

• Old Guard
  • View gallery

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 16 August 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

I have always thought that they were among the Soletaken that escaped the carnage of the Human First Empire after the ritual. Probably not, if Steve even remembers or ever had a thought on the subject ;p

When they mention ancient beasts in Assail I have wondered if these could not be the Soultaken of the first empire. But if B&KB were from that empire why was KB so interested in the t'lan imass, wouldn't they have been more fearful of them?

#5 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Yah, I've had the same thought, and it'd make them just that much more macabre to have been around that long conducting their experiments.

As far as the Imass go, B&KB ain't scared of anything.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostGrimjazz, on 16 August 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

When they mention ancient beasts in Assail I have wondered if these could not be the Soultaken of the first empire. But if B&KB were from that empire why was KB so interested in the t'lan imass, wouldn't they have been more fearful of them?

Hmmmm, no. This is just poor thinking. If it were Brandon Sanderson or Joe Abercrombie, this would be a sensible question. As much as I struggle with Cam's efforts, he is not a paltry man - he tries hard and he's achieved measurable results. Steve and Cam are among the brightest people that any of us has ever met. I've never met Cam but I believe in him because Steve does and I have met Steve and that is the only context in which I feel humbled. Because I feel that he struggles more than I do. Harder. Meaner. But he does have a soft spot for people who love him, as is only natural.

#7 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

View Postworry, on 16 August 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yah, I've had the same thought, and it'd make them just that much more macabre to have been around that long conducting their experiments.

They may not 'fear' him, but I'm betting B&KB tread a bit more carefully when Quick Ben is around.

Especially after both ate dinner with QB, and he served them up some Seven Warrens Sandwiches for the main course.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#8 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

Just a minor interruption in the conducting of their studies and experiments.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   Grimjazz 

• Old Guard
  • View gallery

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postworry, on 16 August 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

unless they need direction's and run into a certain picky Corporal.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users