• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finished HoC For A Second Time

#1 User is offline   Maester 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

After finishing my re read of HoC, I of course have a few questions:
1. Why did Logros not have any defenders at the first throne? I read a suggestion that their army was standing buy in case the Deragoth showed up, but even if they knew the hounds were released, there's no reason they would know they would go to Seven Cities, so why leave the throne defenseless?

2. What was Febryl's plan for betrayal? Was he just going to let everyone kill each other and then take over the fragment of KE?

3. What was Cot's mission for Lostora?

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostMaester, on 12 August 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

After finishing my re read of HoC, I of course have a few questions:
1. Why did Logros not have any defenders at the first throne? I read a suggestion that their army was standing buy in case the Deragoth showed up, but even if they knew the hounds were released, there's no reason they would know they would go to Seven Cities, so why leave the throne defenseless?

Logros says that all the remaining T'lan Imass of his army are being held in readiness for some imminent need. I don't recall this ever being linked to the Deragoth. IMO, the Logros were about to depart to join Silverfox and the Kron towards Assail, after the events of MoI.

2. What was Febryl's plan for betrayal? Was he just going to let everyone kill each other and then take over the fragment of KE?

AFAIR, Febryl had joined Korbolo's plot because he wanted Sha'ik killed. He wanted her killed because she knew his secrets (that he was from Ugarat and had burned the libraries and killed the scholars there before the Malazans conquered it).

3. What was Cot's mission for Lostora?

Part of it was that Cotillion wanted to find out who the new Master of the Talons was who was finding surviving Talons and sending them about. But as with anything from ST/Cot, there's lots of layers and benefits for them among her mission and the whole convergence.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   sting01 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

#1 One precision, not a contradiction. If One need to find something hidden, One will look for clues. Would you let your wallet full of money on the bar' table and go to toilet? Obviously not. But there is a way to hide thing that is nicknamed in englihs : Hide in plain sight! Positioning of Logros was similar to that : The throne was so important that Logros' clan did protect it, so find Logros and you will find the throne! It is called deception I believe, basic one I agree, but one that seems to have been working so far.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users