Malazan Empire: ( Shadowthrone -- Quick Ben ) A Democratic Hierarchy of the Gods - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

( Shadowthrone -- Quick Ben ) A Democratic Hierarchy of the Gods The Shadows Collide

Poll: ( Shadowthrone -- Quick Ben ) A Democratic Hierarchy of the Gods (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Shadowthrone (51 votes [70.83%])

Percentage of vote: 70.83%

2. Quick Ben (21 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Shadowthrone himself against Quick Ben:

This pairing screams of subtle treachery and chaotic collisions of dark sorcery.

Which mage walks away from this terrible clash of shadow.

Both are scheming and conniving, and both often heavily rely on being the one to pick the place of battle, and to prepare better than the other.

This would be a great fight to read.

How would it go -
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#2 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Wow, I figured this one would have been a bit closer. I underestimated Mr. Shadowthrone it would appear.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#3 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

In every world there is someone evil-er, sneakier, nastier, more likely to backstab you, more coconuts crack pot crazy... Quick Ben... Meet Kellanved... Your emperor and God of your temple of shadow... ... also... Big dogs... very very big dogs

#4 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

I suppose it depends on what point in the series we're talking about, because when it appeared there was going to be a confrontation in GotM, Quick Ben hightailed it out of there. While he's gotten successive powerups by TCG, I still think he'd want to avoid tangling with Shadowthrone at that point. Shadowthrone, unlike quite a few other gods, appears undiminished in power at the end of the series.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#5 User is offline   Ukjent 

• First Sword

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

ST is gonna slap the grin out of QB if he tries to steal his fish.

#6 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Shadowthrone would bring Quick to his.knees(he is a God afterall) and then Kalam would appear (teleported by Quick) attempting to shiv ole Kellanved in the back. Nefarias Bredd appears behind Kalam to block the Hounds-Widdershins starts laughing and they skitter away, just in-time to meet....Scorch and Leff! The Hounds bolt, tails between their legs. Dancer shows up but is prevented from helping-Fiddler has a cusser aimed at his face. All hell breaks loose as Hellian strides in and attacks Dancer like he has the last bottle of rum in all the realms. Iskaral Pust's mule pushes Nefarias Bredd back..... Morgora shows up and turns into a thousand spiders, freaking Hellian the-fuck-out and she runs off......and then Quick remembers.that he's got 12, yes TWELVE warrens at his disposal and he incinerates everyone. And then he has tea with Gothos. The bohkalral (?) Laugh.

This post has been edited by NefaraisBredd: 25 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

#7 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 25 September 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Shadowthrone would bring Quick to his.knees(he is a God afterall) and then Kalam would appear (teleported by Quick) attempting to shiv ole Kellanved in.the back. Nefarias Bredd appearsbehind Kalam to block the Hounds-Widdershins starts laughing and they skitter away, just in-time to meet....Scorch and Leff! The Hounds bolt, tail between their legs. Dancer shows up but is prevented from helping-Fiddler has a cusser aimed at his face. All hell breaks loose as Hellian strides in and attacks Dancer like he has the last bottle of rum in all the realms. Iskaral Pust's mule pushes Nefarias Bredd back..... Morgora shows up and turns into a thousand spiders, freaking Hellian the-fuck-out and she runs off......and the Quick remembers.that he's got 12, yes TWELVE warrens at his disposal and he incinerated everyone. And then he has tea with Gothos.

And then Hairlock pisses on their ashes. He's such an asshole!

This post has been edited by NefaraisBredd: 04 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

#8 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Quantity does not expressly mean Quality. having many strong human souls does not mean you are at the level of someone with 500 years plus of fine tuning and building up one very gifted souls worth of power. Quick had a good handle of his own powers when the other eleven merged with him but this didn't mean he was instant master of everything he had access to. Kellenved mastered his power, specialization by a choice coupled with incredible knowledge and access to singular secrets made him an exceptional mage. Tayschrenn conceded he was a force beyond even him and Tayschrenn faced down Anomander Rake in the most flamboyant posing contest of all time.

Quick is awesome but limited. He may eventually catch up to Shadowthrone, I think he has a ton of potential to become something as daunting as Tay and then eventually Kell, but just not right now.

This post has been edited by Dolmen+: 25 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#9 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostDolmen+, on 25 September 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Quantity does not expressly mean Quality. having many strong human souls does not mean you are at the level of someone with 500 years plus of fine tuning and building up one very gifted souls worth of power. Quick had a good handle of his own powers when the other eleven merged with him but this didn't mean he was instant master of everything he had access to. Kellenved mastered his power, specialization by a choice coupled with incredible knowledge and access to singular secrets made him an exceptional mage. Tayschrenn conceded he was a force beyond even him and Tayschrenn faced down Anomander Rake in the most flamboyant posing contest of all time.

Quick is awesome but limited. He may eventually catch up to Shadowthrone, I think he has a ton of potential to become something as daunting as Tay and then eventually Kell, but just not right now.

You seem.to.forget that SW tried to kill/capture QB many.times throughout the centuries. Also, many other Gods/ascendants try to take down QB as well (Icarium, Silchas Ruin, various other elient/soletaken) and SW thought he cut all of QB's threads but he didn't. QB is easily the most devious character (aside from Jaghut) that appears in the books. He is insane and paranoid as a result, but he has not even.begun.to reach his potential either, which is scary. Again, he rebuffed Icarium and was stretched thin-meaner and nastier than before. He rides a Friggin horse of Darkness, just like Draconus. The only other character I can think of that bargain and trick the gods constantly (and get the upper hand) is Gothos. Also, I am on my fourth re-read of the series; QB knows as much (of not more) about everything than any other character with the exception of Kruppe. I wouldnt be surprised if.he shows up in the Kharkanas Trilogy. Methinks he is like Ambrosius(Merlin), the same soul that has inhabited many bodies over many lifetimes. SW and Cotillion are afraid of Dassem and Dassem would fared about equally against Icarium as QB did(possibly losing.) He has forgotten so much that he doesn't even know how.much he.knows. Fisher and QB would be a very interesting conversation to overhear.

This post has been edited by NefaraisBredd: 26 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

#10 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Quick would walk through Hoods gate thinking he won.....

#11 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostBubba, on 26 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Quick would walk through Hoods gate thinking he won.....

Hahahaha, good one! Prolly the case. I just felt like having some fun.

#12 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

One day, ST will merge into Quick Ben becoming the 13th soul :-)

#13 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:09 AM

I know I'm way late on this poll, but I only just found it, thought I had voted on them all. I voted Shadowthrone, but I do not believe that he could actually kill Quick Ben. He would defeat him, yeah, but QB always has a way out. He would escape, broken and bleeding, but he would escape. Until we get some more info on Quick, (hoping he turns up in the upcoming books,) in my opinion they couldn't actually kill each other, but Shadowthrone wins.
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

#14 User is offline   The Hust Legion 

• Lieutenant

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:13 AM

just curious when did tay say kellanved was stronger or a force beyond him

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users