Malazan Empire: Thoughts on the book ****SPOILERS**** - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thoughts on the book ****SPOILERS**** First timers outlook.

#1 User is offline   Diddywhop 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Wow! I loved it. I had a really difficult time putting the book down. I can understand how people have a difficult time understanding whats going at the start. He is sort of all over the place. But, I think thats what kept me really into the book. I wanted to have an understanding as to what was going on, no matter how convoluted it seemed at times. I think it was about 3/4 of the way through the book that I understood exactly what was going on. It almost seemed as if the veil of confusion was lifted at the absolute perfect time and completely planned by the writer. All that there was left was this beautifully crafted stage that we've been led up to at the Fete.

I absolutely love the book and my expectations may be too high for the rest of the series. I've already purchased the 2nd book, but I haven't started it yet.

If I were to complain about one thing I would have to stay the fights were a bit bland and short. But, that isn't what captured me to begin with.

A+++++

PS: I love Rake.

This post has been edited by Diddywhop: 05 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

#2 User is online   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Rake is to be loved, for sure.

Welcome to the forums. May the books and company here give you lots of fun.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostDiddywhop, on 05 June 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

If I were to complain about one thing I would have to stay the fights were a bit bland and short. But, that isn't what captured me to begin with.

You'll like the second book a lot, then!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Tehol the Only 

• Fist

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

If you loved Gotm so much you'll go nuts for the rest of the series.
Really hope to read you raving about the ending of Deadhouse gates very soon. Welcome to the forum!
We are the Vord. Prepare to be assimilated. Furycrafting is futile.

#5 User is offline   Diddywhop 

• Recruit

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Thanks guys!

I was a little timid about making an account here from fear of running into spoilers. I couldn't resist!!

#6 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

Basically as long as no one tells you Rake kills Dumbledore you'll be fine.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#7 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

That's cause I'm not a SPOILING MEANIE. You spoiling meanie.

e: post reported for spoilers

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 06 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users