Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rake, Traveller, Pust and Kruppe.

#1 User is offline   Warming 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

First time poster, long time reader of these forums. TOH and the Traveller vs. Rake and Kruppe vs. Iskaral fight scene has now made me become an active member of this community.

I've read a lot of books but that 3 page scene where these two fight scenes happen is one of the best written and emotional pages I have ever read. Rake and Traveller are two of my favorite characters so you can imagine how it felt after the conclusion of that fight. I had to put the book down and reflect for a couple minutes, I was upset, happy, confused, so many emotions. But in came Erikson who lifted my spirits with in my opinion the Clash of the Titans (Kruppe and Iskaral...... and Mogora, haha) and the funniest scene in a book I have ever read. I was literally laughing out loud and had to sit and reflect on that EPIC fight scene.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Would the title of this thread be considered a spoiler? People can see that from the main page and might get the idea that Rake and Traveller and Iskaral and Kruppe fight in this book... but I'm not 100% sure what the policy is on that.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   The Hust Legion 

• Lieutenant

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Kruppe has always fascinated me (powerful in ways that can't be explained ) I mean brood got angry enough to hit him with burns hammer and kruppe just shrugged it off
But regarding the rake traveller fight I was PISSED when rake died I contemplated on whether to stop reading I wish erikson made the fight longer
People think traveler might have had a chance I don't think he did if rake wanted to kill him he would have done so not with ease but it wouldn't destroy darujhistan(just most of it) I mean rake is a sole taken. Arch Mage of the andii even kilamandaros respected him ( the creatures in dragnipur like the demon lord and draconus could kill traveler so this just proves rakes awesome strength )

TCG spoiler:

Spoiler

Mod edited for spoilers

#4 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Please don't put spoilers for events in the book in the topic title, as D'rek says you can see it from the main forum page.

Spoilers from books any later than Toll the Hounds should also be put inside spoiler tags and marked accordingly.

Thanks.

-Grief.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#5 User is offline   Warming 

• Recruit

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostGrief, on 17 May 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Please don't put spoilers for events in the book in the topic title, as D'rek says you can see it from the main forum page.

Spoilers from books any later than Toll the Hounds should also be put inside spoiler tags and marked accordingly.

Thanks.

-Grief.

Sorry, won't happen again.

#6 User is offline   ornamental duck 

• Recruit

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:48 PM

View PostWarming, on 18 May 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

View PostGrief, on 17 May 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Thanks.

-Grief.

Sorry, won't happen again.

This is the most depressing welcoming first post I have ever seen. Granted, the warning regarding spoilers is legit... but after all that no comments on his post, no welcome to the board, nothing... poor guy just said sorry and that's it.
Hen tea anyone?

This post has been edited by ornamental duck: 08 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users