Malazan Empire: Harry in the middle... - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry in the middle... SKIN GAME speculation, COLD DAYS and earlier book spoilers, no blocks

#21 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostAbyss, on 20 June 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

...notably Michael who got his ass shot off when he acted for selfish purposes.

View Postamphibian, on 20 June 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

No, Michael didn't get shot because he was acting for selfish purposes. He got shot up because it was time to retire. He was combating the Denarians and saving a little girl, as well as Marcone, Sanya and Harry. The sword was supposed to move on.

I'm extrapolating, not declaring fact, but just before Michael gets machine gunned, iirc Harry notes Michael's fanatical need to stop the Denarians once and for all, not because God wants him to, but because he wants to stop risking his life and family. Point being when a Knight acts for selfish reasons (even nice ones), bad things happen to them.

Uriel makes it clear Michael's family would be looked after, but that's not the same as a guarantee of Michael's safe happy retirement.

I theorize that Amoracchius isn't actually for Harry, despite some kind of descent from King Arthur through the mother's side, it's for Thomas. The Sword of Love for the vampire who loves.

Think about it - Thomas has been using an old cavalry saber and a kukhri (which remains the single best small item chopping device I've used and has a connection to my home country, thus I adore Butcher for including it) for a while now to combat the enemies he's faced. He's probably due for an upgrade.

Neat theory.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users