• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#701 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

The hate watch people on this forum have for The Shannara Chronicles is how I feel about this show. Fuck this show pisses me off, but I watch because I can't help but embrace how shitty it is. They ruined one of my favorite childhood Marvel favorites (Ghost Rider) and everything about the show reeks. The best it can accomplish at times is a "meh" feeling of mediocrity. It's attempt at cheesy humor is lame as hell too. Also the writing is some of the worst. I'll keep watching when I have time though. I missed the last three episodes from last season (although I think I saw the season finale, which was dumb).

I've seen the first three episodes from the this season. So far I gather that quake/daisy/sky is out on her own because of guilt due to her electricity boyfriend dying in last season's finale. This season she's been palling around with Ghost Rider until his crippled brother from Fear the Walking Dead told her to hit the road. There's some weird mad doctor that has a sexy cyborg or something. Shield has been relaunched and now they are battling the watchdogs? / guarddogs? group because Hydra is no more? This group wants to wipe out all inhumans? May was killed and brought back to life by the weird doctor and Simmons because she was afflicted with waking nightmares by a ghost? Don't get me started on how stupid this was because she was brought back with no brain damage after they explicitly put it in there that if she was dead for more then 7 min she would suffer brain damage. That's about all I know this season so far.

#702 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:29 AM

I sort of agree with you, Malankazooie, but only about Ghost Rider. He's just not a good fit, at all.

I will say, in episode 4, he actually was pretty damn fudging awesome!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#703 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

Not a bad episode last night. Looking forward to "Science fight!" that they seem to foreshadowing with Fitz.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#704 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

New episode was last night! It was fun, but all I could think of was....

Posted Image
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#705 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

i'm going to be honest - i'm really liking this season.

and this Agents of Hydra thing being a multi episode arc for a 'what if' scenario is something that a LOT of other sci-fi shows should have considered in their planning.

(i'm STARING INTENTLY at Flash / Flashpoint RFN)
meh. Link was dead :(

#706 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

i kinda liked the actual 'spy' aspect of it - who's a decoy, who's a human, who do you trust.

Maybe could have been done better, but was still entertaining.

#707 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

I like all three of the pods, but LMD/Framework are my favourites.
Be Your Own Hero

#708 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

I make my own soap... :(

#709 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

STILL no news on a season 5?

this is now ahead of Flash and the other comic book related shows i'm watching, and i'm really starting to think it's about to get canned :)

#710 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 07 May 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

this is now ahead of Flash and the other comic book related shows i'm watching, and i'm really starting to think it's about to get canned :p

I saw an ad for it on TV yesterday during Arrow. Apparently they're in space or something?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#711 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 28 November 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 28 November 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 07 May 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

this is now ahead of Flash and the other comic book related shows i'm watching, and i'm really starting to think it's about to get canned :p

I saw an ad for it on TV yesterday during Arrow. Apparently they're in space or something?

That’s where Coulson was at in the end. I think it’s starting Dec 1st.

I must have been drunk or something when last season ended. It's a bit blurry, and I certainly didn't remember him being in space?!?!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#712 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

Well, that was certainly different...Not sure how that ties, if at all, into Infinity War.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#713 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

Well, i thought that was an excellent series opener

lots of questions left to be answered, some very knowing nods to sci-fi tropes - really looking forward to the rest of the season.

#714 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

I like where they went with this. Anyone else think Brood when the roaches were first revealed?

I loved the initial "Framework" comment where everyone was like, "Dude don't say that!" :p

#715 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

caught up on this weeks'

cheeky little plot twist, and fortunately no mid season break next week, so that's good :unworthy:

#716 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

So, is the kid who can control rocks going to pull what is left of earth together?

#717 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

likewise enjoying it a lot.

And think the timeskip is a smart idea to either:

1 - avoid a tie in to Infinity War, given that AoS is basically always 'current' inside the MCU

2 - it's showing a tie in to a 'bad-end' timeline for it.

Either works tbh.

#718 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Just watched the latest episode, damn... no punches pulled.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users