Malazan Empire: Coltaine - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coltaine Spoilers for Deadhouse Gates

#21 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

GenKael, on 28 March 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

When I first read it two years ago, I thought I remembered his head hitting the back of the post, then slumping down. That would have implied a traditional "t" shaped cross. Then I went back and reread it (after everyone's posts), and yeah, it's an X and the arrow passes through his head.

"Duiker could have sworn that Coltaine looked up then, lifted his gaze to greet the gift, as the iron head impacted his forehead, shattered the bone, sank deep into his brain and killed him instantly. His head snapped back between the spars of wood, then the arrow was through."

I think my memory was jumbled, because Pormqual's troops were all crucified on posts and trees, which is more "T" like.

Which pretty much means I'd have to do the whole damn picture over again. Artistic license? I think I'll just finish this one up as is, then take another run at it in the future sometime. I have a lot of other scenes and characters I want to have a go at.

I think you have a lot of talent, to give you more of a heads up for future drawings with cuts, abrasions and weathering ie the long march I think he should be a lot more dirtier, and that the blood would run across the skin from one wound to the next. He looks as though his wounds have been cleaned up but I don't think they took that much care of him.

I look forward to your next drawing, if I had a request it would be of Silverfox and The Mhybe. That'd be cool.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

GenKael, on 28 March 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

...yeah, it's an X ...Which pretty much means I'd have to do the whole damn picture over again. Artistic license? I think I'll just finish this one up as is, then take another run at it in the future sometime. I have a lot of other scenes and characters I want to have a go at.

Hey, it's a neat pic and the 'accuracy' thing is just because you asked for feedback from a site full of fans of the book, and that is one of THE BEST scenes in the series. You're far from the first artist to take liberties with things.

If you feel like taking another shot at it i for one would like to see that because from this it looks like you would do cool work with it. That said, if you don't, i'l look fwd to whatever you give us next.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   GenKael 

• Recruit
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Nerd books, drawing, damsels, grog

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Here we go. I usually only have a few days with a picture before I get disinterested and move on. I do appreciate everyone's input. It's a way better picture than the first draft.

I have an Onrack in the pipeline, and my book reading buddy really wants me to do a Kruppe.

Attached File(s)

#24 User is offline   Xae 

• Server Administrator
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:16 AM

I received a DMCA claim from the author of this photograph and as such I've had to remove it.

#25 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Cool, I hated that photograph from the start.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users