Blank page after posting or PM

#1 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Mac OS X. 10.8.3

Safari 6 and Firefox 19

After making a post or sending a PM I get a blank page. Refreshing other open pages results in blank page.

In Safari the problem is intermittent and non-consistent. Opening a new tab solves the problem but have to close any open (to forum) ones.

Firefox same. But sometimes have to close the browser and re-open.

It's minor but annoying.
Edit: iOS safari, dolphin, and chrome are fine.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 19 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2 User is offline   Xae 

• Server Administrator
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

I've examined the error log and there's nothing in there that'd explain such an error. So, it seems to be specific to certain browsers. Have you cleared the cache on the browsers that are having the issue?

Yeah, I bet you guys have heard the "clear your cache" thing a lot recently but you wouldn't believe how much stuff browsers cache these days. It even saves DNS lookups, which is why we were having so much fun during the actual move.

#3 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

This problem seems to have gone away overnight. Possibly related to the other issue you took care of?

And If you're going to hang around much you might as well become a mafioso. http://forum.malazan...opic=25525&st=0
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4 User is offline   Xae 

• Server Administrator

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

It's very possible. I'm glad it's resolved. Let me know should it resurface again.

Believe it or not, I have absolutely no idea what the Mafia forum game is about.

#5 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostXae, on 20 March 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

It's very possible. I'm glad it's resolved. Let me know should it resurface again.

Believe it or not, I have absolutely no idea what the Mafia forum game is about.

Don't go there. You'll lose all your time, and what sanity you have left! :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#6 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostSilencer, on 21 March 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Don't go there. You'll lose all your time, and what sanity you have left! :p

Now you tell me! If you'd have warned me sooner....oh, you weren't talking to me.
Don't listen to him Xae. It's a fun pastime with almost zero time commitment and is quite helpful in teaching one how to avoid answering those awkward questions the intake physician asks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users