• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Races order Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

The spoiler tag is available in the Other Styles menu. Highlight the text you want to hide, and then select Spoiler from that menu. That said, most of the time spoilers are best avoided all together; if you're just supplying information from a future book (as opposed to thematic material in an aside) you should probably avoid it, since dedicated readers will get to those facts eventually anyway. Each book forum has an "as of this book" policy for 99.99% of information.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#22 User is offline   Tony-t 

• Recruit

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:18 AM

i always assumed the che malle were kind of alien beings, they came down to wu with the sky keeps.

#23 User is offline   Aertheron 

• Corporal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I Always assumed the following, for order of the Races.

First Race on Wu: K'Chain Che'Malle, they are mentioned to be the first sentient race, LONG before there are any humanoid Races on Wu, and it is mentioned that their magic was so strong that the Elder Gods couldn't even come to the world, lucky for us they had a civil war :p
First Race Ever - Azathanai, as far as I am aware, they are the sentient representations of the primal forces that came straight out of chaos. That is how I understood it.
This is said about the Elder Gods aswell but mostly about Elder Gods that are actually Azathanai. I'm very bad with citing quotes from the book though :p

#24 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

We had a big genealogical chart going, sometime around the time RG was released, I think... OP may want to look that up.

From what I understood before FoD:

on the Malaziworld (wu), the "native" race is Eres'al--from which come the Imass, and possibly the TTT and Trell. Also native to Wu are the original Degaroth. Humans are descendants of the Imass by way of Kilava Onrack being the Eve of Humanity.

Barghast are offsprings of those Imass than missed the ritual and TTTs. Moranth are Barghast that were possibly interbred with the Edur that found themselves in the cloud Forest chasing a chunk of Kurald Emurlahn.

Jhags are a mix of TTTs and jaghut.

Shake are Andii/human mix, with some of them showing genetic mutations from having their DNA spliced with that of KCCM.

KCCM are the "firstborn of dragons" (a quote from RG that really stuck with me for some reason)--thus I posit they are native to Starvald Demelain and came to Wu following the coming of the Eleint.

Jaghut were native to Omtose Phellack, which was a an icy dimension

Forkrul Assail--a bit of a blank here. They are linked to the Elder Goddes Kilimandros, but not a whole lot was known about them, so I really can't say.

Storm Riders are a whole other type of alien.

Then FoD happened, and now I need both a full series re-read, and also the entire Kharkanas trilogy done before I can try making a coherent theory again.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#25 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:41 AM

Mentalist, on 29 August 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

We had a big genealogical chart going, sometime around the time RG was released, I think... OP may want to look that up.

From what I understood before FoD:

on the Malaziworld (wu), the "native" race is Eres'al--from which come the Imass, and possibly the TTT and Trell. Also native to Wu are the original Degaroth. Humans are descendants of the Imass by way of Kilava Onrack being the Eve of Humanity.

Barghast are offsprings of those Imass than missed the ritual and TTTs. Moranth are Barghast that were possibly interbred with the Edur that found themselves in the cloud Forest chasing a chunk of Kurald Emurlahn.

Jhags are a mix of TTTs and jaghut.

Shake are Andii/human mix, with some of them showing genetic mutations from having their DNA spliced with that of KCCM.

KCCM are the "firstborn of dragons" (a quote from RG that really stuck with me for some reason)--thus I posit they are native to Starvald Demelain and came to Wu following the coming of the Eleint.

Jaghut were native to Omtose Phellack, which was a an icy dimension

Forkrul Assail--a bit of a blank here. They are linked to the Elder Goddes Kilimandros, but not a whole lot was known about them, so I really can't say.

Storm Riders are a whole other type of alien.

Then FoD happened, and now I need both a full series re-read, and also the entire Kharkanas trilogy done before I can try making a coherent theory again.

One amendment, Tarthenal Thelomen Toblakai are descendants from the Thel Akai, and I don't think they are related to the Eres'al. Refer RotCG.

#26 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Is it possible Jhag are Jaghut + anything, and Icarium in particular has TTT blood?

#27 User is offline   The Old Guard 

• Recruit

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

worry, on 29 August 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

Is it possible Jhag are Jaghut + anything, and Icarium in particular has TTT blood?

Yes, I have always thought of Jhags that way.

I also agree with @Andorion regarding TTT and Thel-Akai.

Now what I think on the broader issue is that while we're seeing all the stuff that happens in KG reading FoD, we don't have a clue on what's happening on Wu. My guess is that there is still the primal environment hosting Deragoth and the Eres'al that we see when L'oric is saved by Osserc (I think it was in tBH)

Edited out everything troublesome.

This post has been edited by The Old Guard: 30 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

#28 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yah, don't post Assail spoilers, please. Even what you said already should be edited out.

#29 User is offline   The Old Guard 

• Recruit

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

worry, on 29 August 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

Yah, don't post Assail spoilers, please. Even what you said already should be edited out.

Is that so? I'm sorry, I thought it was so vague that it wouldn't make a difference. I'll remember it in the future.

#30 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Yah I'm a real stickler for not even priming people for what to expect to any degree. Vague hints are still hints. Thanks for the edit!

#31 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

I wrote that. Jhag= TTT+Jaghut
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#32 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

I don't think you're saying what I'm saying.

#33 User is offline   The Old Guard 

• Recruit

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Mentalist, on 30 August 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

I wrote that. Jhag= TTT+Jaghut

As @worry says, these two statements aren't the same. You say that ALL Jhags are the result of TTT+Jaghut, while what we think is that Icarium is Gothos+TTT because Karsa says so in Reaper's Gale. But then there's no proof that all other Jhags are half-TTT.

Jhag could simply be a term that identifies an half-Jaghut after all. Only Karsa is able to guess the ancestry of that guy, at least that we know of, yet everyone refers to him as a Jhag.

It could be that this is an epithet that stuck with Icarium from an Elder age, in which his parents were known to all, and then got to the present age where everyone calls him that way out of tradition, but without knowing why.

Either way, we don't know for certain.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users