Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

American Horror Story

#1 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

I just finished it last night. It was incredible. I think it might have been the single greatest season of television ever. Jessica Lange was amazing. I just never thought I'd see a show so good and so original. I am beside myself. If anyone gets a chance to watch it please do.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#2 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

It sits upon my DVR, beckoning...

EDIT - Ep 1 consumed. I was willing to give it another ep, but the Mrs hated it. Thus, deleting...

This post has been edited by McLovin: 19 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#3 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

This is one of the few shows I make time to watch. Season one was amazing, season two was awesome but the alien Thing was weird. Season three is okay so far. I don't like that they have them fighting with the voodoo faction. And what the heck was that scene with a masturbating Sidibe and the minataur?

#4 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

I have the last episode on my DVR. I need to watch it before tomorrow. I see Stevie Nicks is going to make a guest appearance.

#5 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Season two was good but they tried to do too much. Either do a show about an asylum, or do a show about aliens. Season three is good so far too.

My biggest complaint as we move from season to season is that, while the show is still very good, it's not as scary. Season one actually creeped me out and gave me legit nightmares.
Error: Signature not valid

#6 User is offline   Overactive Imagination 

• High Fist

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 3 and thought it was a huge step down. Absolute garbage.

#7 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

The problem is moving from a setting that is inherently scary. Haunted houses and insane asylums are scary. New Orleans mansions are not.
Error: Signature not valid

#8 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

I liked season 3 a lot. I have not seen tonight's finale yet but I already saw who the new supreme is. ;) I had a real problem with the way they portrayed Papa Legba as a coke snorting baby stealer but other than that it was fun.

#9 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

I skipped Season 3 as I usually go w/ Netflix on this show, so hopefully I don't screw myself with spoilers in this thread, but I am gonna watch Freak Show week to week cuz the premise is awesome. I liked last night's episode a lot. Mostly (as usual perhaps) because of Lange and Paulson. I couldn't believe how good Paulson's performance(s) were last night. The special effects were one thing (and admittedly impressive for TV), but her acting was phenomenal, period, let alone on top of the manner in which it must have been shot. They didn't pull punches with the clown, either, which is appreciated (it's still a cliche, of course, but they might as well go whole hog with it). Also I wonder if planet names are gonna play out the whole season or what. Jupiter Florida and Elsa (is there life on) Mars so far. Could just be a lark. Anyway I don't plan to dissect the show like it's True Detective or anything.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#10 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:21 AM

Oh I'm definitely going to watch it, I'm just waiting for it to hit Netflix streaming first.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

I thought the first ep of Season 4 was very so-so. I've never been much into circus when I was little (I went once and was bored to death) so the whole thematic is completely lukewarm to me. I don't have that fear of clowns either. Disfigured oddities of the Freak Show don't cause revulsion in me. GF's liking it though, and I have enough faith in the AHS cast to see this through.

Still, Asylum remains my favourite. It wasn't the Shalebridge Cradle, but hey, nobody can top that.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#12 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

That clown is scary as @#!$!! This last episode when we got to see under his creepy grin....

On the AHS Facebook page they have some bios up on the characters. The Indian lady, the guy with the short arms and the lady with no legs.

#13 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:49 AM

So what does everyoone think so far this season? Much better than last season. I liked the background stories from the 2 part Halloween episodes.

#14 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

Season 2 remains the best. Freak Show is mightily meh.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#15 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:48 PM

Dandy Mott drinking brandy out of a baby bottle was pretty damn funny.

Season 1 is still my favorite.

#16 User is offline   Kruppe's snacky cakes 

• First Sword

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:41 PM

Admittedly, I'm about 3 eps behind, so maybe it gets better...but, sorry folks, this is the worst season yet. S1 > S3 > S2 > S4.

Attached File  d6e2d99f430983a62e3c72a68e913d38.jpg (14.85K)
Number of downloads: 1
I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean...your destiny.

#17 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Good question. I wondered why they were singing Fiona Apple, too. I can't bring myself to stay caught up on it. But so far Dandy Mott is my favorite sicko. That actor does psycho very well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users