• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Demon Llama's Randoms

#1 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Made my own thread since most of the stuff I make isn't really Malazan related and I don't want to post random stuff in Malazan art sections.

So, hopefully I'll be able to put some stuff here with the intent of getting some real and probably tear inducing feedback.
No Touchy.

#2 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I've been learning 3ds Max and the first thing I wanted to create a corridor for some sort of spaceship. I've been looking at it for a while now and don't know if I like it anymore or what needs to be changed or added. I'm thinking of changing the bottom angles sections maybe.

Here are two fast low quality renderings. For now there is no materials on the model nor have I added proper lighting. I'll do that once I get all the modeling completed.

So what are your serious thoughts?

Also, can I put images into spoilers when they are being attached?

Thanks

This post has been edited by A Demon Llama!: 05 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

No Touchy.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can Spoiler Tag attachments. I've seen it done in the picture thread, I'm almost certain.

Feedback: I have not much practical feedback, like whether it works in a real world way. Just maybe that I see no reason that the boarder for the doorways would have to poke out into the passageway, especially the bottom/walkway. Someone might trip. As a whole, I would say they look nice, if a little generic/impersonal. Which you might not be concerned with for a first effort. It also doesn't looked "lived in" but that might not be a concern of yours either. Overall I like what you've done.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, I thought it would be interesting having the doorway sections like that but I guess your right, there's no reason for it to be like that. When I started I was going for a more industrial look, submarine like or something, which would have made more sense. I think I will change it up and see how it looks now that its cleaner. Also think that once I start putting materials on there it will look more worn down.
No Touchy.

#5 User is offline   Acorn 

• Sergeant
  • SHHH!!

The walls have feet.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

As far as the Doorways sticking out that far: I think it's done for structural integrity and support in ships and submarines. There is an all around frame in a US ship where the doorways are - bulkheads are the term I think. You have to watch your step and your head when passing through, or you'll brain yourself on damned hard metal and trip to fall on your face. (I live in a Navy town, one of the biggest Naval Bases in the US, so it's easy enough to see them first hand) It is also a side-effect of how they build the ships in segments and the doorways are part of that, as you can see rivets and welds on them clearly.

So maintaining that look isn't a bad thing - and makes sense from a science standpoint, unless you're going for a rather more advanced look and ideal. Then it would be sleek and smooth in all likelihood.

I personally think the all-white look is way overdone in Science Fiction. Unless it's a hospital or some sort of workroom needing sterile environs then White is drab and hard on the eye... It makes it look un-lifelike and flat.

The pops of color you added through the streaks of red and the lights serve to enhance the all-around whiteness... Perhaps another color for the walls and floor? Or maybe just the grating itself being steel in color would help.

The angle is great, the lines drag your eye down the hall, as if you should be walking down it (or a character in a game) which is great depth.

Nice work! Keep it up... I couldn't do anything like that if I tried, and I have............ and failed....... miserably.

#6 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Thanks. Yeah, as you mentioned I also wanted to keep it a bit repetitive to create that mass produced segment type environment. It's all white right now because there are no materials on yet.
No Touchy.

#7 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

Decided to try and work on one of my old items I started and never finished. An Observation Deck. Might revisit it again once I get better at things.

Attached File  Observation Deck.jpg (423.96K)
Number of downloads: 1
No Touchy.

#8 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Was bored today. Saw this and thought of the book so made this while watching Seinfeld. Nothing special really but Ill post it anyway. Just a bit of Photoshop.

Attached File  Jade.jpg (1.58MB)
Number of downloads: 0
No Touchy.

#9 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Oooh, baby! This is awesome!

#10 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

What's the hulk doing buried in the desert?
;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users