• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lost Girl SyFy program

#1 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

It's on S3 now on SyFy. They started playing S1-2 last yr in Jan every Mon night(also Fri for a few weeks) for about 8 mths. This has been a very entertaining show to say the least! Anyone else watch it? I figure QT might since we both watch Being Human.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   Catherine 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:SCA<br />International Side-saddle Association<br />good books<br />the Space Channe<br />Arabian horses

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Been watching Lost Girl since its debut here in Canada from the first episode, love it, nothing like it on TV. So glad it is homegrown, hope international distribution (or lack there of) doesn't screw it up for us - ie - making them tone it down, be more "family oriented, enough of that type on all of the other networks, give us Adults something to watch that the "moral majority: doesn't screw it up. As I have said before you have a channel changer for a reason, if you don't like it/agree with it user it.

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I've never given it a go, but I've been tempted as I know it's in S3 and yeah is homegrown. I just need to find the time to watch.

It apparently does quite well with overseas folk...but then they also really like the MURDOCH MYSTERIES...so you know...LOL.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I found it rather cheesy. the eye candy is nice, but I can't get around the recycled Fae from other mythos.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Tried it a few times, found it lacking originality beyond the core concept of the main char. Stock plots and archetypical characters. Haven't been back.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

I've watched the majority of season one, but honestly it's...average. *Any* comparison to the (books) Dresden Files is, frankly, blasphemy, other than that they do share the "urban fantasy" genre. :)

It's not a bad show, but there's no way I'm spending my hours watching more seasons of it. *shrug*

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#7 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

I know, it just shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath, imo.

But really I just prefer Butcher's interpretation of the Fae overall. The ones in Lost Girl are kinda boring by comparison, if you ask me. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#8 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

I like it. Sometimes the acting or the episode is really cheesy but it's fun. I got irritated about the Norn but I heard that gets resolved later. (I'm only on season 2)

#9 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

I love that she is just an intensely sexual being with no apologies or shame in that. Plus I think Dyson is sexay.

#10 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

I just watched the one where they all got knocked into each other's bodies. I was laughing out loud when Kenzi was in Dyson. Good stuff. I hate that I have to wait for it to come out on Netflix because it doesn't play here.

#11 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Thanks I started watching and I am enjoying it so far. Brilliant? No! Entertaining certainly. Also I first thought the main character was just average looking, certainly not ugly but I thought for a succubus I was expecting better. She is growing on me quickly though. Being sexy makes you sexy which I think is working.

Also I want Dysons wardrobe or at least his jackets. I hope that is not too wierd a thing to say.

#12 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Season 2.I also thought she wasn't that sexy but her character makes her sexy. And Dyson's wardrobe is. Awesome!

#13 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 January 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

@ Cat fuck yes that was a funny epi and all the actors nailed the characters they were playing in goofy good way. I bet that was a fun week of shooting! Can't remember if that's S2 or 3?

@cause I'm glad your getting into it! It's quite a fun show IMO and Bo (and Kenzie) get hotter as the Seasons go by. What Season are you on?

Still in season 1, going quite quickly though. Been enjoying it so far and hotter can only be better right. I have one nagging complaint however in some of the new episodes its like they have just hand waved progress into the game. Lauren has helped Bo feed without killing but unless I stopped paying attention for a crucial five minutes I missed how this was actually achieved. Suddenly Bo also has a network of Fae informants? When did this happen?

#14 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

They all want a piece of Bo because she is un-aligned. They all want her to be on their good side so she can help them because she can go and do stuff that light/dark can't. Plus she is pretty likable.

#15 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

I did a small marathon today and watched a bunch of episodes. I am really starting to like Hale. He started out as a good sidekick and is developing quit nicely. Bo said something to Trick in the last episode I watched and now I think.....

Spoiler

Oh and my heart broke for Dyson. :/

This post has been edited by Stormcat: 19 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

#16 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

I was starting to lose interest in the show but the body swop episode brought me back, I was just amused by Dysons portrayal of himself being possessed by Kenzi. Was hysterical.

Otheriwse I have been feeling slightly disappointed in the rapid development and conclusion of the Aife plotline in the season 1 finale, as well as the slow progress and meeting of obstacles in season 2. Dyson is afflicted by a horrible magical curse and yet instead of fixing it or meeting the challenge head on Bo and crew sort of just mope about the lost potential and keep calling him a dick.

Also wierd thing to say but I miss the old Ash, guy had the coolest voice.

#17 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

I knew it about Trick!! And Kenzi is badass with that chainsaw! Cause, not even Dyson knows what is really wrong with him until the truth lady shows up. So nobody has any idea why he is being so mean.

#18 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Into S3 now. Trying to figure out what the norn did to Kenzi.

#19 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

finally done with season three. I really dislike Lauren. The season finale was pretty awesome. Can't wait to find out about The Wanderer. ;)

#20 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

Caught up. Maybe missing the most recent if it is not on insta-watch. Here is what I think.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Stormcat: 06 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users