Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minala

#1 User is offline   Dangerous 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hi guys, new here. Love the book. Cant stop thinking about the climax to the Chain. Amazing.

Anyway, I see a lot off Just Finished posts here wrestling with some of the big questions in the book. Most of these have me stumped too but I'm prepared to RTFO to find out.
The one thing niggling away at my mind was, how did Minala know the empress was in the keep? She APPEARS to be just a normal Malazan citizen (though of course a lot of people in the series aren't what they seem), so how would she know? I don't have the book with me, but I seem to recall Kalam seeing some banners or something to suggest that a VIP was staying there at the time as he looks out over the docks from the ship, but if Kalam doesn't recognise Laseen's banners, then how would Minala? The fact she saved Kalam in the nick of time suggests there's more to her than meets the eye (hopefully anyway, otherwise I can't help but see it as a clumsy Deus Ex).

So, RTFO right?

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Dangerous, on 29 January 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

...how did Minala know the empress was in the keep?...

I could be wrong, but i vaguely recall that she states, when she rescues Kalam (in one of the mostest awesome scenes in the series, imnsho) that she overheard some guards talking or something similar.

Also, welcome to the forums and i envy you for what you're about to read for the first time!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Dangerous 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Abyss, on 29 January 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Dangerous, on 29 January 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

...how did Minala know the empress was in the keep?...

I could be wrong, but i vaguely recall that she states, when she rescues Kalam (in one of the mostest awesome scenes in the series, imnsho) that she overheard some guards talking or something similar.

Also, welcome to the forums and i envy you for what you're about to read for the first time!

Cheers! I'm having a rest with some soothing non-fiction for now, but I cant wait to carry on.

I think it was Aspalar of Fiddler who overheard the guards, but I could be wrong there. I'll check tonight. Jeez I only read it last night, what hope if there for me to remember this stuff in 8 books time

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users