• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#481 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I just want to point out that Aranatha did his best to NOT vote Eloth. In last page He removed and voted twice, gives me the feeling that he didn't want Eloth lynched.
Also, I did not like the Eloth lynch , no way Eloth is stupid enough to so blatantly declare himself the SK if he was the SK and lynching him based on having 3 roles with abilities is ... stupid IMO.
BTW, can't you people trim down your posts, the quotes are a pain in the ass.

#482 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

That was xpost, obviously.
So Eloth did talk about her role, only not in the way we expected.

#483 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Isabelle Paix – Infiltrator (French) -- Syndicate
Level 0:Spy in the Web: passive. knows the identity of all syndicate players, and their code-names.
Infiltrated: passive. comes up as a spy on finds
Seductress: night only . Limited number of uses (1).[/u] Establish a lover link with a player of your choice (this may be another syndicate player or a spy). You do this by sending a PM containing the players name to the mods, they will inform your target and then get back to you. From there on, you can send each other messages directly, CCing H&M.
Inside Information: day only: send a PM from a lover you have to the Mastermind. Useable any number of times per day, but precludes using other day abilities.
Menage-a-trois: night only. Limited number of uses (1). establish a lover link with a second player of your choice.
Secrets betrayed: Limited number of uses (1). When you receive this ability, send the name of a single player you have a lover relationship with to the mods. You learn all of his abilities and may broadcast them to another player of your choice (does not have to be a lover or syndicate player) upon receiving this ability. This counts as your night/ day action for this phase.
Level 5:Wine in front of me: Day only: kill one of your lovers.

Looks like we might have hit scum. Isabelle was syndicate. And as per the role, possibly we caught them in a goof by revealing that their team was the train starters. Isabelle also knew her entire team, so it stands to reason that Eloth knew his team.

Edit: Tried to fix formatting issues.

This post has been edited by Desra: 26 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

#484 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

"hey guys I voted for a train I don't like. Aranatha didn't vote for this train that I don't like, but voted for anyways. He might've given reasons, but I don't know I didn't read them, I was too busy voting for a train i don't like".

Ffs, we have 1/3 of the posters sitting at 5 posts or less. Theres plenty ebnough sheeple to get a bad lynch w/o my assistance

#485 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

/sigh. reading that role description makes me long for the loving embrace of a spycraft game. Posted Image

#486 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostDesra, on 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Level 0:Spy in the Web: passive. knows the identity of all syndicate players, and their code-names.
Seductress: night only . Limited number of uses (1).[/u] Establish a lover link with a player of your choice (this may be another syndicate player or a spy). You do this by sending a PM containing the players name to the mods, they will inform your target and then get back to you. From there on, you can send each other messages directly, CCing H&M.
Inside Information: day only: send a PM from a lover you have to the Mastermind. Useable any number of times per day, but precludes using other day abilities.
Menage-a-trois: night only. Limited number of uses (1). establish a lover link with a second player of your choice.
Secrets betrayed: Limited number of uses (1). When you receive this ability, send the name of a single player you have a lover relationship with to the mods. You learn all of his abilities and may broadcast them to another player of your choice (does not have to be a lover or syndicate player) upon receiving this ability. This counts as your night/ day action for this phase.

Looks like we might have hit scum. Isabelle was syndicate. And as per the role, possibly we caught them in a goof by revealing that their team was the train starters. Isabelle also knew her entire team, so it stands to reason that Eloth knew his team.

I think it means Eloth is town, actually. My reasoning is that I think scum teams are much smaller than town teams, but as a consequence they probably all know each other (within their own teams, I mean). Therefore, they don't need a specific ability, such as Eloth had.

#487 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostDesra, on 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

I think it means Eloth is town, actually. My reasoning is that I think scum teams are much smaller than town teams, but as a consequence they probably all know each other (within their own teams, I mean). Therefore, they don't need a specific ability, such as Eloth had.

There is no way to figure out her faction from the role description. D'rek might have changed the role a wee-bit.

#488 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostKorbas, on 26 March 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

There is no way to figure out her faction from the role description. D'rek might have changed the role a wee-bit.

Not with a high degree of certainty, no, course not. But we know that it will likely be fairly similar, and interpretations can be made from that. In the end, everyone's going to come to their own conclusions, I'm just stating what I suspect right now.

#489 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

I swallowed the last bit of my doughnut and peered at the ongoing bedlam. Prisoners bickered and fought like idiots, each claiming others were certain other "roles" using silly terms like "WIFOM" and "meta"...who were we putting in prisons these days? Jesus Christ, it's absurd! I mean, really!

But I digress. Several men gathered around the hippie brought in only the day before, intent on pounding the pothead into the dirt. Angry glowers were reflected among one and all, indifferent to his pleas.

"B-b-but, don't do it! I'm only here to save you all!"

Emurlahn chortled. "You're kidding me, right? You want to save me? I'm the fucking doctor, bitch! I'm the one doing the saving!" He cracked knuckles and produced a saw-bladed pair of binoculars. "You'll pay for stealing my role, bastard."

"What? I'm only here to help! Please! Just listen to me, find it in your hearts to believe!"

Galayn Lord guffawed and said, "Believe in what? Your ability to rescue us? Only one avenue remains for rescue, and we're already on it." A wicked grin sliced across his face and he withdrew a dagger from his pocket. "Oh, this will be fun."

Kaschan gaped at the scene for a long moment, ponderings no doubt running rampant through his head. Perhaps he could manage a 3:1 kill-death ratio?!!!!

D'riss kissed a cross on his necklace. "Please, dear Jesus, forgive me for doing this. Please."

Tennes stepped in. "God damn it, just do it already!"

Gamelon's head snapped up but crunched back from a fist's blow. The mob closed around him with their own weapons, slashing and kicking the gaunt hippie from side to side. Blood spurted and sprayed, adorning even my planted guards.

I could only watch in horror as they backed away and allowed Mockra to step atop the corpse and jump on it repeatedly.

Aranatha is dead. She was Jesus.

It is Day 2. 32 hours and 59 minutes remaining

28 Players still alive: Ampelas, Ay Estos, Bek Okhan, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

15 votes to lynch, 14 votes to go to night.

Players not voted: Ampelas, Ay Estos, Bek Okhan, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#490 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

View PostAranatha, on 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

"hey guys I voted for a train I don't like. Aranatha didn't vote for this train that I don't like, but voted for anyways. He might've given reasons, but I don't know I didn't read them, I was too busy voting for a train i don't like".

Ffs, we have 1/3 of the posters sitting at 5 posts or less. Theres plenty ebnough sheeple to get a bad lynch w/o my assistance

Did you really think your 1 vote train was going to garner 14 other votes in the last 3 hours of day?

If no, did you really think that Eloth, who was self voting really wasn't going to be lynched?

If no, then you are just halting game progress. And we have to assume there is a reason for that other than you want the thread to stagnate for those last 3 hours while we wait for one of your sheep to jump on and hammer. (as you say, this is inevitable).

#491 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Just a mod note for many people - as much as I enjoy having a fairly easy night resolution job, if you don't actually use the abilities of your role you have no right to complain about balancing afterwards :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#492 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I expected a blood bath. This was fairly reasonable.

#493 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostDesra, on 26 March 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostAranatha, on 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Did you really think your 1 vote train was going to garner 14 other votes in the last 3 hours of day?

If no, did you really think that Eloth, who was self voting really wasn't going to be lynched?

If no, then you are just halting game progress. And we have to assume there is a reason for that other than you want the thread to stagnate for those last 3 hours while we wait for one of your sheep to jump on and hammer. (as you say, this is inevitable).

Not a good cross post.

#494 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

The Jester faction has officially lost the game.

#495 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

So Ay Estos and Bek Okhan are the new alts right?

#496 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostBendal Home, on 26 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Just to get things straight in my head. A person who talks about the possibility of roles is a better day one lynch then someone who votes for another person right after PS makes a statement saying that votes won't count. Then lies about there reasoning for voting then lies some more. For those of you who are to fucking lazy to go back and read the thread.

I will go over each one of the posts. For those of you whom are unable to figure it out on your own.

Here is the post where PS says that votes don't count and refers to the opening OP.

View PostPath-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

View PostKorbas, on 25 March 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

View PostSkintick, on 25 March 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

My avatar is very ... phallic. And spiky.

So OK then.

Are you implying that you can fuck us all ?
This post by you is just screaming that you are self-confident prick and feel like you are better than all of us.
Well, fuck you too.

Vote Skintick

I have to inform you your vote will not count.

AS PER THE WORD OF D'REK IN POST #5.

- T.

Now only a couple of posts later this

View PostRyllandaras, on 25 March 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 25 March 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Checking in, and I can see there is already an incest reference. Great start!

Only a Goodkinder would like twisted sexual references.

vote Fanderay

Now I jump all over that because it is scummy to vote right after PS says that they don't count. The only reason for doing something like that is to signal.

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

You do know that votes don't count yet right? I mean it seems like you have at least kind of read the thread but since you posted a vote on a incest reference. However since you seemed to miss the great big bold PS post about voting not counting and the original ps post about voting not counting makes me suspicious that you might be scum.

To which he replys

View PostRyllandaras, on 25 March 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Voting may not count right now but we usually vote on weekends and then when the freeze is over it counts, so I don't see anything wrong with voting.

Meaning that he did see PS statement but didn't think that it mattered. So I call him on that bullshit.

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

That changes depending on the mods and the mods did not say that was the case here. In stead the mods said

View PostPath-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I have to inform you your vote will not count.

AS PER THE WORD OF D'REK IN POST #5.

- T.

So your defense is incorrect and pathetic. Please try again.

He doesn't respond so the next time I see him online I try again

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Ryllandaras, Can to try to explain again why you thought that placing a vote right after PS said that it wasn't going to count can be construed as anything other then you completely choosing to ignore PS. Which would mean that you where using that opportunity to attempt to signal to Fanderay. Which means that there is a significant chance that you are scum.

Rebuttal please.

Finally his rebuttal

View PostRyllandaras, on 25 March 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

I hadn't read d'rek's post yet, I was reading from the beginning. Your line of questioning seems very odd. Do YOU have some kind of ability that you suspect me of having? If so it's something I've never heard of before but I am very intrigued about what you are implying here.

So now he claims not to have read dreks post. Then he try's to redirect that I have an ability to do something.

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Really my line of questioning seems odd? It seems odd that someone would question when someone else makes a very obvious and interesting move right after the MOD clearly states online that votes aren't going to count. That seems odd to you. WHAT FUCKING GAME DO YOU THINK THIS IS? Why would my questioning you about your voting after the mod says don't fucking bother to vote cause it doesn't count imply that I have some kind of ability that you don't know of. Perhaps I do it is called the ability to read and comprehend. No you are full of shit. Because first you said that you thought that the votes might count after the game officially started. Now you are trying to say that you didn't read Drek's post. So straight up your lying somewhere.

Vote Ryllandaras

Now for day one mess ups that seems pretty straight forward to me. Eloth seems like a bigger shot in the dark. My vote remains on the person whom I most likely find to be scum.

Yeah so I am going to start right back off where I was yesterday.

I still think that Ry is scummy

Vote Ryllandaras

#497 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 March 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Lol!

#498 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Well that sucks.

#499 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hmmm does that mean Aranatha as Jesus was the Jester?

#500 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

So I guess we know why Aranatha was vote hopping so dodgily :p

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic