• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#241 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

One more thought along those lines, but I think that could mean that of the other 24 players not introduced as such, they would be using roles from games without introductory statements. Not sure how much that helps us, but just a thought regardless.

#242 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I'm going to try to read up but don't expect to make much progress tonight

#243 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Here for a picosecond

Work sucks

Back soon hopefully

#244 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

So... the two town teams. Flavor or not? Both win as all-around "town", unlike scum teams.

Flavor = Just to name them after the Malazan writers.

Non-flavor = Grouped together in some pattern for a reason.

I'm leaning non-flavor right now because it makes no sense.

#245 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

Also, a thought on the PS shenanigans with the weird comments of tax collectors, leveling up, and MH: These all seem to be game starting points of a sort. The first two are automatic to the introduction of those games, indicating that characters (not necessarily any one in particular) from those two mafias are in play. As for the MH statement, that would have me guessing that the man himself is in play given that the scene comes from the middle of the day and is tailored to match how many more lives the player would have in this game (namely 3).

I'm really not sure if it's game flavour + a hint, or if they will have an impact on the game. I'm leaning towards flavour+hint though. I must have brain-skipped the MH one, because I don't remember it all... Gunna go back and find that.

Coffee is required I think.

#246 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostD, on 26 March 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

So... the two town teams. Flavor or not? Both win as all-around "town", unlike scum teams.

Flavor = Just to name them after the Malazan writers.

Non-flavor = Grouped together in some pattern for a reason.

I'm leaning non-flavor right now because it makes no sense.

What sort of pattern would that be though? Also, what do you mean by "Both win as all-around "town""?

#247 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

1. I don't know, that there is some sense of the grouping's roles. Might be reading too much into it.

2. Two town teams win together the way I read it, despite being separate "factions," scum have to eliminate one another.

#248 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm here now. Everything is alright.

Obligatory

Vote Path-Shaper

#249 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Oh and

Second!

#250 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostD, on 26 March 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

1. I don't know, that there is some sense of the grouping's roles. Might be reading too much into it.

2. Two town teams win together the way I read it, despite being separate "factions," scum have to eliminate one another.

Nope to number two. From the OP:

Out of the four town or scum factions, only one faction can win.

Possibly the towns don't have to eliminate each other - it may just come down to which town has more survivors at the end of the game.

#251 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostOmtose, on 26 March 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

Obligatory

Vote Path-Shaper

This is probably a very wise idea.

#252 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

It is Day 1. 21 hours and 47 minutes remaining

28 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

15 votes to lynch, 14 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Ryllandaras ( Bendal Home, Nenanda )
1 Vote for Bendal Home ( Aranatha )

Players not voted: Ampelas, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#253 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

Nope to number two. From the OP:

Out of the four town or scum factions, only one faction can win.

Possibly the towns don't have to eliminate each other - it may just come down to which town has more survivors at the end of the game.

Town needs to have a majority. Both towns can't have a majority at the same time...
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#254 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Nah I can see how you'd read it that way but the end of D'rek's post says

Out of the four town or scum factions, only one faction can win. The Survivor and Jester can co-win with one of the factions and with each other.

Edit: deleted random empty quote

This post has been edited by Mockra: 26 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

#255 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Oh dear. Oh well.

#256 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

28 players!!!

Edit: To explain myself - that means someone is two alts.

This post has been edited by Ampelas: 26 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

#257 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

The SK will probably be a FM. With different kill abilities and perhaps jump abilities into each of his alts.

Why do you think he'll be a FM?

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Okay, can someone please explain to me why you guys seem to all think that the SK is going to be a FM?

There's been no indication that this is the case, so what gives you that impression?

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Okay, can someone please explain to me why you guys seem to all think that the SK is going to be a FM?

There's been no indication that this is the case, so what gives you that impression?

Probably because shins sengoku 3 had fm SK-esque killers

View PostKorlat, on 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

because at least 2 games linked to in the op had FMs

It's a big leap to assume that mechanics from 2 games out of the 50ish that are being used will be the specific ones that are being used, don't you think? Specially for the one specific player? Are those 2 games' SKs the most popular SK roles? I'm thinking that the SK will be getting some of the more popular SK roles.

I'm not discounting that the SK could be a FM. I think it would make the SK an interesting role, and give him a bit of a leg up on the bigger factions given that he has to kill absolutely everyone off, but I don't think it's safe to just assume that he's a FM.

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

The SK will probably be a FM. With different kill abilities and perhaps jump abilities into each of his alts.

Why do you think he'll be a FM?

Well reading the op a fm as a SK seemed the most logical and to have 3 different chances would greatly increase his ability to win the game.

View PostD, on 25 January 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Mafia 100 - The Centennial

Furthermore, there could also be roles that change alts, manipulate alts, etc (ie an FM). If you try to login to your alt and can't, check the game thread and your main forum login!

Modkills, if imposed, may remove only one life and role of a player if the mods are feeling lenient. Or, the mods may choose to immediately remove the player from the game.

That just says that there are likely FMs in the game, not that it MUST be the SK. Let's not make assumptions, even if you may be correct.

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Well if the SK is a Predator then this game is over, if he is one of the guys from Heroes then he could be virtually unkill able.

Why would you say that? It's one person vs. 26, they have to have some survivabiliy built in seeing as everyone needs to kill him off.

Do you remember the predator? day kill, night kill, 1 instant kill bp, 4 other bps and a lynch proof bp. Oh and a find and guard ability. It would be unfair to the rest of the thread for that to be in a game even as one character. Don't lynch him day 1 and you are down to 24. Try to kill him that night and you are down to 23. Can't lynch him again and you are down to 21. Next day 20. Perhaps are finally able to lynch him. Then he comes back as another character who can kill. In two days has managed to kill 6 or 7. Then he gets to come back. Then toss in other killing alts kills and you have a bloody fest that is over in a week (normal time not game time).

But you have to take into account that there are likely to be a bunch of other BPs and LPs out there, and that there are going to be some kill abilities that bypass BPs, and that though there are 27 players, each has 3 alts, so there are actually like 81 players, 3 of which would be the SK. Anyway, I'm just saying that it's not impossible that he's a FM. I'm also saying that we shouldn't just assume that he is because one or two players have said so.

Well, I like the "Eloth is obsessing a little too much about FMs or the SK to not be one of those two (if not both)". Something is off here.

vote Eloth

#258 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostOmtose, on 26 March 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

Obligatory

Vote Path-Shaper

This is something that I'd considered actually. We have had a game where Path-Shaper is a killer.

#259 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostMockra, on 26 March 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Nah I can see how you'd read it that way but the end of D'rek's post says

Out of the four town or scum factions, only one faction can win. The Survivor and Jester can co-win with one of the factions and with each other.

Edit: deleted random empty quote

My reading comprehension is just tops.

#260 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Heh, up above we can view a Ryllandaras imagining a train beginning on him, and seeking to divert attention to another :p

Just teasing, Ryll (well, to an extent). I am much more inclined to vote for Eloth than for you - because I believe he has some pretty powerful roles with the way he assumes that no one will be RI. Course, that doesn't mean he's scum or an indy...but still, I'm wary.

Though I doubt we'll get a lynch on anyone. What do we need - 15 votes? In recent games we've needed far fewer and still not been able to do it, so my expectations are low.

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users