• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#161 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

It is Day 1. 28 hours and 13 minutes remaining
24 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

13 votes to lynch, 12 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Ryllandaras ( Bendal Home )
1 Vote for Bendal Home ( Aranatha )

Players not voted: Ampelas, Demelain, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#162 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Well if the SK is a Predator then this game is over, if he is one of the guys from Heroes then he could be virtually unkill able.

Why would you say that? It's one person vs. 26, they have to have some survivabiliy built in seeing as everyone needs to kill him off.

#163 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostRashan, on 25 March 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 25 March 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Also, I am totally lost by the PS posts. Unless they're not meant to indicate events happening in the game, as they did in the games they come from, but are just designed to show us that those particular characters are currently playing in this game.

My bet is that certain posts are only geared towards specific characters within the games they were pulled and don't have any bearing whatsoever for the rest of us other than to give us a heads up of the possible roled characters floating out there. Or it could be just the various mods fucking with us because they can and have us spend way too much time trying to figure out what roles could be floating out there.

D'rek, Tapper, or Shinrei fuck with players minds? Never!

#164 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

The SK will probably be a FM. With different kill abilities and perhaps jump abilities into each of his alts.

Why do you think he'll be a FM?

Well reading the op a fm as a SK seemed the most logical and to have 3 different chances would greatly increase his ability to win the game.

View PostD, on 25 January 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Mafia 100 - The Centennial

Furthermore, there could also be roles that change alts, manipulate alts, etc (ie an FM). If you try to login to your alt and can't, check the game thread and your main forum login!

Modkills, if imposed, may remove only one life and role of a player if the mods are feeling lenient. Or, the mods may choose to immediately remove the player from the game.

#165 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

The SK will probably be a FM. With different kill abilities and perhaps jump abilities into each of his alts.

Well reading the op a fm as a SK seemed the most logical and to have 3 different chances would greatly increase his ability to win the game.

Furthermore, there could also be roles that change alts, manipulate alts, etc (ie an FM). If you try to login to your alt and can't, check the game thread and your main forum login!

Modkills, if imposed, may remove only one life and role of a player if the mods are feeling lenient. Or, the mods may choose to immediately remove the player from the game.

That just says that there are likely FMs in the game, not that it MUST be the SK. Let's not make assumptions, even if you may be correct.

#166 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Well if the SK is a Predator then this game is over, if he is one of the guys from Heroes then he could be virtually unkill able.

Why would you say that? It's one person vs. 26, they have to have some survivabiliy built in seeing as everyone needs to kill him off.

Do you remember the predator? day kill, night kill, 1 instant kill bp, 4 other bps and a lynch proof bp. Oh and a find and guard ability. It would be unfair to the rest of the thread for that to be in a game even as one character. Don't lynch him day 1 and you are down to 24. Try to kill him that night and you are down to 23. Can't lynch him again and you are down to 21. Next day 20. Perhaps are finally able to lynch him. Then he comes back as another character who can kill. In two days has managed to kill 6 or 7. Then he gets to come back. Then toss in other killing alts kills and you have a bloody fest that is over in a week (normal time not game time).

#167 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Okay, can someone please explain to me why you guys seem to all think that the SK is going to be a FM?

There's been no indication that this is the case, so what gives you that impression?

Probably because shins sengoku 3 had fm SK-esque killers

View PostKorlat, on 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Okay, can someone please explain to me why you guys seem to all think that the SK is going to be a FM?

There's been no indication that this is the case, so what gives you that impression?

because at least 2 games linked to in the op had FMs

It's a big leap to assume that mechanics from 2 games out of the 50ish that are being used will be the specific ones that are being used, don't you think? Specially for the one specific player? Are those 2 games' SKs the most popular SK roles? I'm thinking that the SK will be getting some of the more popular SK roles.

I'm not discounting that the SK could be a FM. I think it would make the SK an interesting role, and give him a bit of a leg up on the bigger factions given that he has to kill absolutely everyone off, but I don't think it's safe to just assume that he's a FM.

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

That just says that there are likely FMs in the game, not that it MUST be the SK. Let's not make assumptions, even if you may be correct.

Eloth would have us believe there isn't an FM in the game and that it isn't the SK.

#168 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Do you remember the predator? day kill, night kill, 1 instant kill bp, 4 other bps and a lynch proof bp. Oh and a find and guard ability. It would be unfair to the rest of the thread for that to be in a game even as one character. Don't lynch him day 1 and you are down to 24. Try to kill him that night and you are down to 23. Can't lynch him again and you are down to 21. Next day 20. Perhaps are finally able to lynch him. Then he comes back as another character who can kill. In two days has managed to kill 6 or 7. Then he gets to come back. Then toss in other killing alts kills and you have a bloody fest that is over in a week (normal time not game time).

Sounds fun :D
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#169 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Umm this is mafia if you don't make assumptions then why the fuck bother playing? Plus he asked for ideas I gave him mine. I assume that you are not a retard who just got off work with his nanny from the local convince store. But you have corrected me on making assumption in mafia and now I know that your a retard.

#170 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

But you have to take into account that there are likely to be a bunch of other BPs and LPs out there, and that there are going to be some kill abilities that bypass BPs, and that though there are 27 players, each has 3 alts, so there are actually like 81 players, 3 of which would be the SK. Anyway, I'm just saying that it's not impossible that he's a FM. I'm also saying that we shouldn't just assume that he is because one or two players have said so.

#171 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

View PostPath-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Sounds fun :D

Oh it is my cup of tea. I merely am assuming that you wanted this game to last a bit.

#172 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

View PostKorlat, on 25 March 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

It's a big leap to assume that mechanics from 2 games out of the 50ish that are being used will be the specific ones that are being used, don't you think? Specially for the one specific player? Are those 2 games' SKs the most popular SK roles? I'm thinking that the SK will be getting some of the more popular SK roles.

I'm not discounting that the SK could be a FM. I think it would make the SK an interesting role, and give him a bit of a leg up on the bigger factions given that he has to kill absolutely everyone off, but I don't think it's safe to just assume that he's a FM.

Eloth would have us believe there isn't an FM in the game and that it isn't the SK.

Well, considering I have been arguing two different sides of this argument, you're putting words into my mouth, Korlat.

#173 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostBendal Home, on 25 March 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Umm this is mafia if you don't make assumptions then why the fuck bother playing? Plus he asked for ideas I gave him mine. I assume that you are not a retard who just got off work with his nanny from the local convince store. But you have corrected me on making assumption in mafia and now I know that your a retard.

I don't assume things in Mafia, I deduce things based on other things. Guess we'll see who ends up on top in the end, eh?

#174 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Desra and Galayn Lord have both been added to the post count, but have not yet posted, so perhaps some pressure is due? If they had time to send a PM to PS to let them know their alt order, then they should have had time to post a checking-in post.

#175 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I don't assume things in Mafia, I deduce things based on other things. Guess we'll see who ends up on top in the end, eh?

On top? What does sex have to do with this? I am comfortable in multiple positions. :D

#176 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Heyo- Checking in. I'm all caught up on thread. Good day one stuff.

Anyone else getting a Jester Vibe from Bendal Home with all the name calling and antagonistic posts?

#177 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

"I deduce things based on other things" educational link

"Guess we'll see who ends up on top in the end" just too easy

#178 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Also, with all Eloth's speculation about the SK....i believe there is a Mafia rule about those that constantly bring up a role.

#179 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

In other news I am now addicted to Whale bone porn

Not sure how you found that link... but I'm glad you did. Led to 6 of the most confusing minutes of my life...

#180 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Eloth said:

1364237739[/url]' post='1041842']
Desra and Galayn Lord have both been added to the post count, but have not yet posted, so perhaps some pressure is due? If they had time to send a PM to PS to let them know their alt order, then they should have had time to post a checking-in post.

Oh yes, how reprehensible of me to spend 45 minutes reading over the thread while I'm at work. Well I'm here.
As to the recent FM talk, it would seem difficult to alt jump when the player gets to respawn the next morning.

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users