Malazan Empire: Six Nations Fantasy Rugby - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Six Nations Fantasy Rugby For the usual suspects...

#1 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hi guys,

It is that time of the year again. So rouse Bwoodie, get Tiste in here for the random pick, Masan, summon your buddies and sign up!
I made a league over at http://espnscrum.fan...com/Index.aspx.

Same rules as usual, and someone has to stop Masan's Saddle from winning by yet another land-slide.
PM me for league name and league PIN, please.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Nice one Tap, I was thinking about setting this up a couple of days ago but was so disillusioned by the prospect of Wales getting slaughtered this time around I didn't bother. I'll pm you so I can enter a team made up primarily of fox hunters and dirty Frenchmen :(

Oh and I didn't win last year my jammy mate did.

I'm going to the opening game on the 2nd of Feb where I feel we will lose at home to Ireland. It's about time they beat us. If we win 2 games this year it will be a result.

England or France for the win.
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#3 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I know nothing about this. Sorry. I couldn't name 1 player.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ok my team is in, couple of mates are going to stick teams in as well.

Need more Malazanites though, where's Alt these days ?
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#5 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Linky not working?

#6 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostHinter, on 24 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Linky not working?

Yeh it didn't work when I tried it either, dodgy Dutch keyboard I suppose :)

Just google ESPN 6 Nations Fantasy league fella and enter your team. Should be interesting Hinter, you are a Bath fan if memory serves ?

This post has been edited by masan's saddle: 24 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

#7 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

View Postmasan, on 24 January 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostHinter, on 24 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Linky not working?

Yeh it didn't work when I tried it either, dodgy Dutch keyboard I suppose :)

Just google ESPN 6 Nations Fantasy league fella and enter your team. Should be interesting Hinter, you are a Bath fan if memory serves ?

Found it!

Yep, Bath fan, but I don't think many of our players will be bothering the Six Nations the way we're playing.

#8 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

View Postmasan, on 24 January 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Ok my team is in, couple of mates are going to stick teams in as well.

Need more Malazanites though, where's Alt these days ?

I'm still around, lurking in the background. I'm tempted, but I haven't even had a chance to get my head around what the Super 15's looking like this year, never mind what's happening in your crazy northern contest. If I get a chance I'll throw together a random team consisting of people who'd names seem vaguely familiar.

Based on my previous exposure to the 6 Nations I will wager a few predictions:

It will snow during at least one match, leaving all the Bothas scared and confused by the strange phenomenon.
Wales will show just enough spark to make Masan rant.
France will be mercurial and lose to someone they should have beaten, but ultimately take the trophy.
The english press will be critical and negative. No matter who gets chosen at flyhalf, no-one will be happy with the choice. The coach, the captain, the waterboy and Piers Morgan will all be blamed whenever anything goes wrong.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#9 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

My team is now in. Surprisingly, not many Scottish players in it :)

#10 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Oh I don't know, I think Scotland might surprise a few people. Hopefully a slow out of the blocks England in the first game. They have a few quality players throughout the team and are these days VERY physical. In Tim Visser they have, along with Tommy Bowe (who is injured I believe?), the best winger in the Pro12. Fantastic finisher and an absolute monster at about 6:4 / 6:5 and 17 stone, he was one of my first picks along with Richie Gray.

That said I fancy England to beat them as they are looking pretty good at the moment, freak result against a pox ridden All Black team notwithstanding :)

France if they click could get a sack full against Italy, but again the Italian teams in the Pro12 have improved massively this year, well Treviso have anyway. If France play like they did against Aussie in the autumn it will be a massacre, but then again it is France so if the chef didn't season the pre match Coq au Vin properly, they will probably throw the match and pout.

Ireland v Wales will be close but I think regional Pro 12 form will show. Ulster and Leinster are virtually unbeatable at the moment. Granted the Welsh and Scottish teams are very poor and the Irish can afford to pay for some top notch Saffers and KIwis, I just don't think we can win 5 (or is it 6) on the bounce against Ireland without Lydiate, a functioning hooker and 4 first choice locks.

Oh and Alt it doesn't take much to get me ranting, just get a team in you bloody colonial.:D

#11 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postmasan, on 26 January 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Oh I don't know, I think Scotland might surprise a few people. Hopefully a slow out of the blocks England in the first game. They have a few quality players throughout the team and are these days VERY physical. In Tim Visser they have, along with Tommy Bowe (who is injured I believe?), the best winger in the Pro12. Fantastic finisher and an absolute monster at about 6:4 / 6:5 and 17 stone, he was one of my first picks along with Richie Gray.

That said I fancy England to beat them as they are looking pretty good at the moment, freak result against a pox ridden All Black team notwithstanding :)

France if they click could get a sack full against Italy, but again the Italian teams in the Pro12 have improved massively this year, well Treviso have anyway. If France play like they did against Aussie in the autumn it will be a massacre, but then again it is France so if the chef didn't season the pre match Coq au Vin properly, they will probably throw the match and pout.

Ireland v Wales will be close but I think regional Pro 12 form will show. Ulster and Leinster are virtually unbeatable at the moment. Granted the Welsh and Scottish teams are very poor and the Irish can afford to pay for some top notch Saffers and KIwis, I just don't think we can win 5 (or is it 6) on the bounce against Ireland without Lydiate, a functioning hooker and 4 first choice locks.

Oh and Alt it doesn't take much to get me ranting, just get a team in you bloody colonial.:D

Excellent summary - I should forward this to the BBC. Far better than anything those professional racists pundits Butler and Robertson have spouted so far this year.

#12 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

That said I fancy England to beat them as they are looking pretty good at the moment, freak result against a pox ridden All Black team notwithstanding :D

My team is in :p, Taps just needs to approve it.

What is the format of the Pro12? I've never heard of it - we only get the Heineken Cup and some Top14 games down here.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#13 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

View Postalt146, on 27 January 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

That said I fancy England to beat them as they are looking pretty good at the moment, freak result against a pox ridden All Black team notwithstanding :D

My team is in :p, Taps just needs to approve it.

What is the format of the Pro12? I've never heard of it - we only get the Heineken Cup and some Top14 games down here.

Its a league with the top Welsh, Irish, Scottish and Italian teams that grew out of the Magners league.

#14 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

OK I'm in - now wait and see who is fit to play and makes the 1st XV ahead of Saturday. Right now it's hard to see France not winning but suspect that enough incentives in a Lions year for a banana skin game to rule out a grand slam.

#15 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostFid, on 27 January 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

OK I'm in - now wait and see who is fit to play and makes the 1st XV ahead of Saturday. Right now it's hard to see France not winning but suspect that enough incentives in a Lions year for a banana skin game to rule out a grand slam.

Interesting point about it being a Lions year, it does strange things to players desperate to go on tour. Some shoe ins excel anyway and just reiterate why they should be going, others, some nursing minor injuries, run the risk of coasting through the tournament relying on reputation. One thing is for sure, Gatland will pick on form and who can do "the job" so I expect a few breakthroughs this year, primarily from the English team.

Also Harlequins lock Olly Kohn has just discovered he has Welsh grandparents and has been called up to the Welsh squad :D

Happy days, he's a beast and stat wise one of the best locks in the English Premiership. Desperately needed as AWJ, Charteris and Brad Davis are all injured whilst Ian Evans has just come back from injury.

#16 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

You know, one of these days, the random pick is going to destroy all of you!!

Or, you know, maybe not... Anyways I am awaiting PM with league details etc, and once that is done I will see you guys there! Also, based on the Autumn Internationals, I may just get rid of any Welsh players and replace them with English heroes. :D

EDIT: I don't follow club rugby hence my need for a random pick. I only watch rugby at international level...

This post has been edited by Tiste Simeon: 28 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#17 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Also, Masan, if you're in town on Saturday fancy a swift pint before the game? Not going to it in the stadium but I am around & have no plans in the morning...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 28 January 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Also, Masan, if you're in town on Saturday fancy a swift pint before the game? Not going to it in the stadium but I am around & have no plans in the morning...

That's a possibility Sim, I have some work to do in the morning first thing and then i'm meeting up with friends in Whitchurch before heading into town. It's all a bit unorganised at the moment due to the stupid 1.30 kick off time so I don't know where we will be or when !

I think I still have your number but pm it to me anyway.

Regarding your abyssmal attempt at humour, based on England's current form I'm not confident enough in Wales' play to give you a witty reply in kind.

What I will say is that you are all bastards.

#19 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Attached File  486107_4189518779549_330272733_n.jpg (41.34K)
Number of downloads: 0

Good luck to everyone come Saturday :veryangry:

#20 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Your admittedly amusing pictures will not turn back the oncoming Grand-Slam winning English tide MS!!

Also, Sat looking less likely now, sorry dude!

EDIT: Meant to ask (though I am sure I did last year and have since forgotten...) Tapper, as someone whose native land does not take part, who do you normally root for, or is it a different team each year?

This post has been edited by Tiste Simeon: 31 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users