Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brood and the Barghast

#1 User is offline   IgnatiusKruppe 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

So instead of Brood having Barghast blood, it seems more likely now that the Barghast have Brood blood, correct?
Now I'm curious if all the Barghast spread all over the world are there because of some great migration, or if Brood fathered and cultivated groups on different continents?
The former seems more likely, but it's fun to think of Brood spending some time in the role of a God. Maybe during that storied period where he didn't travel with Rake 'for a time" as mentioned by Tool(?) in MOI..
Lets get a RetCon about how Broodathani broke the Barghast off from the Imass in order to avoid the Ritual. Lol

#2 User is offline   Acorn 

• Sergeant
  • SHHH!!

The walls have feet.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostIgnatiusKruppe, on 20 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

So instead of Brood having Barghast blood, it seems more likely now that the Barghast have Brood blood, correct?
Now I'm curious if all the Barghast spread all over the world are there because of some great migration, or if Brood fathered and cultivated groups on different continents?
The former seems more likely, but it's fun to think of Brood spending some time in the role of a God. Maybe during that storied period where he didn't travel with Rake 'for a time" as mentioned by Tool(?) in MOI..
Lets get a RetCon about how Broodathani broke the Barghast off from the Imass in order to avoid the Ritual. Lol

IIRC in tCG one of the Pure Forkul Assail mentions that the Barghast as a whole served the Assail. Explaining the "White Hand" markings as well as explaining the Gilk's Turtley armor.

I think it's also mentioned in tBH or maybe after tBH about the Bargahst "going home" on some "prophesy" journey or something of the sort... I'm struggling with a migraine right now so I can't find the precise quotes for you. Perhaps later if nobody else is able/willing to search for them.

So, it would hold to reason that they were cultivated and lived in one area (Letherii continent it would seem) and migrated away from there in pursuit of freeing themselves from the Assail's control etc.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Bhargast seem to remain Imass/T3 crossbreeds who at some point in the past were enslaved by the FA.

Brood's link may be purely a physical resemblance or he may have adopted some of their characteristics spending time w them.

Of course the othe possibility is viable too, just saying FoD doesn't automatically change everything on this.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Isn't it usually humans who have very little other frame of reference who think of him in Barghasty ways? I'm not sure they have any relationship whatsoever except faintly "bestial" features. I've never thought of Brood as actually Barghast in any way.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   Knight of Chains 

• Recruit

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

The Barghast, to me, have always seemed to be decended from Imass which is why Tool joins up with them when he is returned to his real living body. Brood is just an azathanai. It could be related to the way races assume some ascendents as their gods. Mother Dark wasn't a goddess until people began to see her as that. That goes for most of the gods actually.

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostKnight of Chains, on 26 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

...Mother Dark wasn't a goddess until people began to see her as that. That goes for most of the gods actually.

This is a key point in the series, that we may have suspected back in the MBF but is really driven home in FoD.

In theory, almost everything we think we know about the EGs and less clear younger gods (basically everyone except Kel and Cots) is up for debate. By example the QoD was never ref'd as an EG... all we (thought we) knew was that she was an ascendent who at one time hung out with Rake and Brood. Now we know she's Azathanii, but apparently only came to godhood much later than most of the others.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7 User is offline   TyrantsMisery 

• Recruit

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Iirc the Barghast were Imass (didn't get Tellaned to ever lasting dustyness) and dun dun dun some Thelomen Toblakai that were traveling with them. And again iirc this was referenced in MOI and if I coukd find the quote I would. So this could mean those dirty Thelomen did the freaky deaky with some Imass and boom. And this would explain why Barghast were normally bigger than your typical human descended from straight Imass. Which could make a lot of sense since Brood aligned more with the Thelomen Toblakai in his Azathanii role, so I guess he might just throw in his hammer with their descendent s.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users