• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drawing Tablet

#1 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I've started to look at buying a drawing tablet since I can't seem get myself to draw the good old fashioned way, plus I want to develop my photoshop/illustrator skills and hopefully create some works for my portfolio that I really need to put together.

Anyway, I was looking at the Wacomb Bamboo Create tablet. Something not too expensive. I found out its on sale on amazon so I think I'ma buy it. I have never liked drawing on the computer for obvious reasons but I'm hoping that maybe I'll start liking it with this. Anyone have any experience with these tablets or this specific model? Seems like the Wacomb tablets are the go to gadget for this.

Here the tablet: http://www.amazon.ca...56897992&sr=8-2
No Touchy.

#2 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I don't have anything to say about that Wacom, but if you're looking for a cheap tablet that's pretty good, I'd suggest checking out Monoprice. Here's a good post about them: http://frenden.com/t...let-that-could/

#3 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I am currently ordering one as we speak. Wacom is genuinely your best bet right now as far as a purpose made graphic tablet is concerned. I do also hear good things about tablet technology, Both the Ipad and the galaxy tab are open to apps that let you use them as tablets which I think is the right way to go with digital art.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#4 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I am currently ordering one as we speak

Cool, which one are you getting if you don't mind me asking?

Those monoprice ones looks alright but I don't know if I'd trust a $40 tablet to generate quality results. Also just realized I've been constantly spelling Wacom wrong. Yeah, I will probably get the Bamboo Create. I didn't do much research into this as I usually do with purchasing electronics but seems like a safe buy.

I will also need to check that the one I'm getting will support a dual screen setup, which they should since its aimed for graphic artists.
No Touchy.

#5 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Its essentially a specialized mouse so dual screen setups will not be a problem for any Wacom drawing tablet. I'm going for a Wacom Bamboo aswell, but I cant afford the create right now so I am trying to negotiate a used one from my local distributor at a christmas discount. Comes up to R2600. A more than decent price for a Wacom in SA. But its on an order list and stocks are limited.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#6 User is offline   Isa 

• Fist

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

The bamboo works with an external screen if you choose 'mirror displays' (or the PC equivalent), otherwise the pen keeps pulling toward the center, which in this case means somewhere between the two screens. Or, it does on my MBpro anyway :(

This post has been edited by Isolde: 01 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

#7 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Alright, my bamboo came in just now. Time to try it out.

I like it, works very nicely. Messing around with setting and I like how you can pretty much map out anything you want to them 4 buttons, although i think there could have been more of em. I have an extended display, set my pen to work on my main screen, but the touch controls work on both monitors, and I can move from on to another freely. I like how it gives extra touch pad controls for my desktop.

One thing im a bit disappointing in is that i wanted to use this wirelessy and I thought bluetooth was built in but threes not battery and seems like I have to buy a wireless package.

I guess the only thing to do now is to actually start drawing things.

This post has been edited by A Demon Llama!: 03 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

No Touchy.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users